- 45 min ago Studies Show Cabbage Can Reduce The Risk Of Certain Cancers
- 1 hr ago Pongal 2020: Kajol And Other Divas Have Pongal-Perfect Outfit Suggestions For You
- 2 hrs ago Are You Cleaning Your Jade Roller? Here’s How To Clean Your Jade Roller And Why Should You Do It
- 2 hrs ago What Does Your Handshake Reveal About Your Personality
- Finance 5 Best Health Insurance Plans in India
- News Shocking UP crime: Two women’s bodies found, one burnt; another without clothes, doused with acid
- Movies Epic Fam Jam: 5 Reasons Why You Need To Attend India's Biggest Fan Festival
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020: Get Exciting Deals On OnePlus 7T Series, OnePlus 7 Pro
- Sports Sania Mirza and Nadiia Kichenok grab Hobart International title
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
From becoming a widow at a young age of 23 while she had a 2-year-old son along with her, this woman's struggle with odds is a must read, as she teaches us on how to cope up with our difficult times.
From being an Army Officer to becoming Mrs India, 2017, Shalini Singh has proved that strong determination cannot stop us from achieving what we want to in life!
You May Also Like To Read: List Of Inspirational People With Down Syndrome
Read her inspiration story, below...
She Lost Her Husband...
In 2001, Shalini's husband late Major Avinash gave up his life in a terrorist encounter in Kashmir. She was left to raise their son alone. It was a very depressing phase, where she even considered taking her own life as the loss was too big to handle for her, but it was her son who kept her will power intact.
She Changed Her Life's Path…
Instead of taking up higher studies, she applied for the Service Selection Board. The long interviews lasted for over a week and during this time, her parents would babysit her son outside the premises.
As Luck Was On Her Side!
After she got selected, she began her training in Chennai. On September 7, 2002, just a few days before her husband's first death anniversary, she was commissioned as an officer in the Indian Army.
She Serviced For 6 Years!
She served the Indian Army for 6 years. She is currently aged 39 and is still setting examples by adding different feathers to her cap, as she was crowned the Classic "Mrs India 2017 Queen of Substance".
She Is Surely An Example!
Shalini's struggle and challenges she took up in life have made her set examples for others. She continues to inspire women and single parents nation wide. She dedicated her newest feat to her late husband.
We need more such brave women around us. Have any inspirational story to share? Then, do share it with us.
All Images: Source