- 39 min ago Ananya Panday And Other Divas Have Yellow Outfit Ideas For Different Occasions
- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 11 December 2019
- 13 hrs ago This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- 13 hrs ago Man Eats 'Banana Art' Worth USD 120,000, Says He Isn't Sorry!
- Technology NASA Administrator Shows Off Space Launch System For Upcoming Artemis Mission
- Finance Markets Open Higher; Yes Bank Sinks Another 4%
- News Pankaja Munde skips core committee meeting of Maharashtra BJP
- Movies Darbar Trailer To Hit The Online On Rajinikanth’s Birthday?
- Sports Napoli sack Ancelotti despite progressing in Champions League
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Today, 15th of December, is marked as the 'International Tea Day', and we being Indians cannot miss the opportunity of celebrating this day!
This day was first celebrated in the year 2005 by the tea-producing countries but now it has spread across all the tea-drinking countries worldwide.
Here are some of the facts about tea and its discovery that you would love to read about.
You May Also Like To Read: 12 Unknown Tea Facts: Tea Day Special
From discovering it accidentally to the countries that rank the highest in tea consumption, we bring it all, about the facts of tea, here.
Check these out!
Fact #1: It Was Discovered In China
According to a legend, tea was discovered by the Chinese emperor Shen Nung in 2737 BC. It is said that while the emperor was drinking his hot water, a tea leaf fell into it and the rest as they say is history!
Fact #2: British Tasted Tea Just 400 Years Back
According to historians, tea was first introduced to the British around 400 years ago only. They described tea as a ‘China Drink.' This was based on its origin. But as years passed by, the tea varieties have evolved in taste and properties when compared to what arrived first in the UK.
Fact #3: It Is The 2nd Popular Drink In The World!
For those of you who thought beer is the most common and popular drink in the world, you are wrong, my friend, as tea is the second most popular beverage in the world after water!
Fact #4: The Tea-growing Countries That Celebrate This...
According to reports, this day is celebrated in most of the tea-growing countries like India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Kenya, Tanzania, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Uganda and Malawi.
Fact #5: India Is Not The First Chai Loving Country!
If you have been thinking that Indians love tea, you would be amused to know that an average Brit drinks upto 876 cups of tea every single year. This is enough to fill two bath tubs!
Apart From This, There Are Other Uses As Well!
Apart from learning the facts on tea, there are many other benefits of tea. It was initially used as a medicine and with the passing of years, it is being used in the beauty treatments as well.
Be It Anything, Tea Is The Best…
All the trivia about tea makes us a little nostalgic as this is the FAVOURITE drink of Indians and others around the world too.
Do you love your chai? And like it 'kadak', just like the way we do? Let us know in the comment section below.