- 2 hrs ago Bacterial Vaginosis: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment & Prevention
- 3 hrs ago So, Here Are Some Bollywood Fashion Scoops Of The Day For Outfits Inspiration
- 4 hrs ago Diwali 2019: Let Bollywood Divas Inspire You To Wear Gorgeous Light Festive Outfits
- 4 hrs ago Lung Diseases Caused By Breathing In Polluted Air
- News Trade wars generating uncertainity: Sitharaman
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Weekend Ka Vaar LIVE Updates: After Koena Mitra & Dalljiet Kaur, Who Will Get Evicted?
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- Finance 5 Stocks That Rose The Most This Week
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Sports La Liga: Atletico Madrid vs Valencia promises to be exciting
- Technology BSNL Might Bring Cable TV, Broadband, Landline Services Under One Bill: Report
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Archaeologists look out for some of the interesting things of the past and if they come across something that completely defines the lifestyle of the past, it gets interesting to know about these.
Here, we bring to you an interesting case where the archaeologists have discovered headless toads kept safely in a pot in a cemetery of Jerusalem.
This discovery of the pot is under investigation and its study as an understanding of the Bronze era is getting interesting.
Read on to know more.
According To Researchers...
According to the researchers, finding sealed tombs are a "priceless treasure", as it explains on how they act as a kind of time capsule that sheds light on funerary customs of that particular era.
This Was Found In Jerusalem
The Israel's Antiquities Authority, which is also known as the IAA, had revealed that the remains of at least nine decapitated toads were found in a pot vessel, which was discovered inside a 4000-year-old tomb in Jerusalem.
It Is Believed To Be An Offering
The archaeologists revealed that it is believed that the remains were a part of a burial offering, which were offered for the deceased to use in the afterworld.
The Archaeologists Revealed
In regard to the headless toads that were found in the vessel, one of the archaeologists revealed: "It is impossible to determine what role the toads played, but they are clearly part of the funerary rituals."
What do you think the toads were offered as? Do share your thoughts on the same in the comment section below.