- 1 hr ago Viral Video Of Pigeons Wearing Hats In Las Vegas Got Twitterati Explode With Reactions
- 2 hrs ago Scientists Develop Carbon Dioxide Eating Bacteria, A New Hope For Climate Emergency?
- 3 hrs ago Here Is How You Can Recreate Priyanka Chopra’s Glam And Bold Make-up Look
- 3 hrs ago Indian-Origin Scientist Finds A Way To Fix Leaky Gut By Dead Probiotics
- Sports Hero I-League: Diagnosed with chicken pox, East Bengal defender plays I-League match
- News Tantrik 'rapes' 21-year-old for Nikah Halala after husband gives Triple Talaq
- Movies Alia Bhatt Beats Deepika Padukone, Named The Sexiest Asian Woman Of 2019
- Technology Xiaomi Launches Gigabee Smart Walkie-Talkie: Price And Features
- Automobiles Maserati Levante, Ghibli & Quattroporte Launched With V6 Petrol Engines
- Finance Retail Inflation Spikes In November To 5.54% On Costly Food Items
- Travel 10 Beaches To Enjoy A Sunny Christmas With Your Family!
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Uruguay is the first country in the world to legalize the growth and consumption of weed; which does not mean marijuana consumption is allowed in every country across the world.
There is always a confusion created when it comes to the effects and side effects of smoking pot. With places like Washington, who can allow a person to possess up to one ounce of cannabis, there are some countries that can literally put you behind the bars if caught rolling the joint.
With roughly 125 million people smoking joint across the world, weed has always become a hot topic on the internet. Today, we would be talking about some strange, dubious and WTF marijuana laws around the world. Weed lovers; think before you roll a joint at these places.
If you are caught with even a wee bit of weed, you will need to serve four years in jail here. No matter how small the quantity is, once you get exposed rolling joint in UAE, spending four years in jail is considered to be a mandatory punishment. If the quantity is more, the sentence of four years may be doubled or increased even. Also, the amount of THC can be traced in your urine or blood.
Bro, marijuana laws in Indonesia are strict AF! Once you are caught smoking a joint in the country, you can end up serving in the jail for four years straight. You can be imprisoned between 5 and 15 years, in case of weed import.
One among the countries known for its strict marijuana law is China. Dude, if you're caught rolling joint here, they will kill you and even celebrate your death. According to the reports, on an average, 500 people are killed every year for smoking weed. Well, the Chinese government has never made such records public.
If the Japanese government catches you puffing weed in the country, you will need to spend 5 years in jail. Wait, there's a catch! A person sent behind the bar for smoking weed has to serve in jail with hard labour work. If a foreigner is caught getting high in Japan, he can be deported from the country and never allowed to come back.
Getting caught in Singapore may not kill you actually, but it will kill you in another way. Once you are caught puffing weed here, you will have to pay a penalty of a whopping amount of Rs.8.25 lakh to the government. If not the penalty, you will have to serve 10 years in jail.
From mist-covered mountains to beautiful beaches, Thailand is one of the most beautiful places in the world. When it comes to marijuana law, it can give you nightmares. Because smoking marijuana is not legal in the country, a person caught puffing weed is killed without asking for justification or taking to the court. If a tourist is caught smoking pot in Thailand, things can be worse!
Famous for its country old China town and home to a military prison, Philippines is another country with a shocking marijuana law. If you are caught smoking pot for the first time, they will send you to rehab for 6 months. If they catch you for the second time, you can end up spending 12 years behind the bars.
Possession of more than 5 grams of weed can get you a minimum of 6 years in jail and a penalty of Rs. 4 lakh. If you're in Malaysia and are planning to grow cannabis, you can be sent behind the bars for life. Above all, if you have more than 200 grams of weed, you can be hanged till death!