- Technology Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020: Up To 40% Off On Premium Smartphones
- Sports Bapu Nadkarni demise: Sunil Gavaskar condoles his death of former India all-rounder; remembers him as 'helpful manager'
- Movies MTV Splitsvilla 12: Priyamvada Kanth & Shrey Mittal Win The Show; Check Out Fans Reaction
- News Kerala did a disastrous thing by electing Rahul Gandhi: Ramachandra Guha
- Automobiles MG Will Showcase A Total Of 14 Models At The 2020 Auto Expo: Future Of Mobility
- Finance Reliance Announces Q3 Results; Net Profit Climbs 13%
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Japan is a country which is known to be prone to a lot of earthquakes. Just a few days back, an earthquake with high magnitude striked this nation and it makes the whole world think as to why so many earthquakes strike Japan?
Here, in this article, we are about to share some of the reasons as to why Japan is prone to so many earthquakes and other natural calamities.
Few people assume that this is because the place is cursed, while a few have baseless assumptions. We are here to clear it all...
Check out the actual reasons that will make one understand as to why earthquakes are this active in this region.
Japan is located along the so-called Pacific Ring of Fire. This is the most active earthquake belt in the world.
Pacific Ring of Fire
It is an imaginary horseshoe-shaped zone that follows the rim of the Pacific Ocean. This is the place where many of the world's earthquakes and volcanic eruptions occur.
What Actually Causes These Earthquakes?
The tectonic plates that are present in the Ring of Fire and beneath the Philippine Sea or the Pacific Ocean tend to mash and collide. This collision causes earthquakes.
Do All Earthquakes Lead To A Tsunami?
Not all earthquakes trigger tsunamis. The earthquake has to be shallow or the quake's epicenter has to be underneath the ocean and most importantly, an earthquake must be at least a magnitude-7 temblor to trigger a tsunami.
Also Read: People Who Died & Were Found Years Later
Highest Recorded Earthquake
Japan had recorded an earthquake with a magnitude of 7.0 earlier and it was the biggest in the history; however, the latest quake that striked this nation on November 22, 2016, has broken all the records. It had a magnitude of 7.4!
It Is Not The Only Nation Prone To Earthquakes!
Scientists have claimed that Japan is not the only nation that is prone to earthquakes. New Zealand, Alaska and west coasts of North and South America are also equally prone to earthquakes.