- 6 hrs ago A 12-Year-Old Colour-Blind Boy Gets Emotional After He Sees Colours For The First Time
- 9 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Mesmerising Blue Eye Make-up Is All You Need To Slay This Holiday Season
- 10 hrs ago Rasika Dugal's Black Outfit Can Easily Elevate Your Formal Look
- 12 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor & More
- Movies Miss World 2019: Miss Jamaica Toni-Ann Singh Wins The Crown; India's Suman Rao Is The 2nd Runner Up!
- Sports West Indies built credibility with T20 performance against India, will be a force to reckon with during WC: Brian Lara
- Technology Micromax Revenue From Sales Fall 45% To Rs. 2,368.79 Crore In FY19: Report
- News CAB protest: Violence in WB; curfew relaxed in parts of Assam, Meghalaya
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Japan is a country which is known to be prone to a lot of earthquakes. Just a few days back, an earthquake with high magnitude striked this nation and it makes the whole world think as to why so many earthquakes strike Japan?
Here, in this article, we are about to share some of the reasons as to why Japan is prone to so many earthquakes and other natural calamities.
Few people assume that this is because the place is cursed, while a few have baseless assumptions. We are here to clear it all...
Check out the actual reasons that will make one understand as to why earthquakes are this active in this region.
Japan is located along the so-called Pacific Ring of Fire. This is the most active earthquake belt in the world.
Pacific Ring of Fire
It is an imaginary horseshoe-shaped zone that follows the rim of the Pacific Ocean. This is the place where many of the world's earthquakes and volcanic eruptions occur.
What Actually Causes These Earthquakes?
The tectonic plates that are present in the Ring of Fire and beneath the Philippine Sea or the Pacific Ocean tend to mash and collide. This collision causes earthquakes.
Do All Earthquakes Lead To A Tsunami?
Not all earthquakes trigger tsunamis. The earthquake has to be shallow or the quake's epicenter has to be underneath the ocean and most importantly, an earthquake must be at least a magnitude-7 temblor to trigger a tsunami.
Also Read: People Who Died & Were Found Years Later
Highest Recorded Earthquake
Japan had recorded an earthquake with a magnitude of 7.0 earlier and it was the biggest in the history; however, the latest quake that striked this nation on November 22, 2016, has broken all the records. It had a magnitude of 7.4!
It Is Not The Only Nation Prone To Earthquakes!
Scientists have claimed that Japan is not the only nation that is prone to earthquakes. New Zealand, Alaska and west coasts of North and South America are also equally prone to earthquakes.