- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 07 December 2019
- 13 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- 14 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black Attire At The HT Leadership Summit!
- 15 hrs ago Lakshmi Manchu's Sari Is The Vibrant Wedding Wear You Need For Your Friend's Wedding
- Finance Bluechip Stock GAIL @52-Week Low; What's Hitting The Stock?
- News Kerala State Lottery Today Result: Karunya KR-425 lottery result
- Movies Bigg Boss 13: Govinda’s Daughter Tina Supports Aarti Singh; Says She's Strong-headed And Friendly
- Sports La Liga joint leaders Barcelona and Real Madrid back in action
- Technology Redmi K30 5G To Feature 64MP Sony IMX686 Sensor
- Automobiles KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
There are many places where you would come across certain creepy stories. Though there are many of us who do not believe in ghosts or spirits, there are a few stories out there that can simply give you chills.
Hearing some of the creepiest stories of people's experiences can only add on to the nightmares.
Here in this article, we are about to share facts about an Indian village, that is very famous for practising black magic. This village is also considered the black magic capital of India and it has been haunted with the black practice rituals that are practised day in and day out.
Find out more about this special Indian village named "Mayong" which is in Assam. Read on to know more...
Why Was The Village Named Mayong?
The word Maya actually means illusion and the word "magic" became substitutable with Mayong as a lot of witchcraft and black magic is performed here.
The Annual Festival
The "Mayong-Pobitora" festival is the annual festival that is celebrated with the fusion of magic and wildlife. It's a 3-day festival where all people who practise black magic take out a procession.
People Visit To Learn Here
Since it is also known as the black magic capital of India, people from different places and even countries come down to learn the art of practising this unusual art.
Mayong Central Museum
This bizarre museum started in 2002 and it contains various books, mythological epics and even some of the very old manuscripts on how one could practise black magic.
Who Performs The Magic
Here in this village the people who practise black magic are known as "Bez or Ojaa". It is believed that these people keep ghosts as their assistants in their practices.