- 4 hrs ago Shraddha Kapoor Gives Us A Slay-Worthy Moment With Her Chic Dress For Saaho Promotions
- 4 hrs ago Karisma Kapoor Notches Up Her Glamorous Molten Golden Gown With Sassy Jewellery
- 5 hrs ago Krishna Janmashtami 2019: Why Safety Should Come First In Dahi Handi Celebration?
- 5 hrs ago How You Can Bring Back The Spark In Your Sex Life
- Movies Exclusive: These Rare Photos Of Prabhas, Chiranjeevi And Ram Charan Are Too Good To Be Missed
- News Delhi: Yamuna crosses danger level, people who reside close to river banks evacuate
- Sports KPL 2019: Ballari Tuskers cruise to 7-wicket victory over Bijapur Bulls
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Announces New 5 Year/ 1 Lakh Kilometer Warranty On Select Diesel Models
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Is On Tow, Reveals Huami CEO
- Education SSC CGL Result 2018 Tier-1 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance What Have We Learned About Home Insurance From Recent Floods?
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
There are many places where you would come across certain creepy stories. Though there are many of us who do not believe in ghosts or spirits, there are a few stories out there that can simply give you chills.
Hearing some of the creepiest stories of people's experiences can only add on to the nightmares.
Here in this article, we are about to share facts about an Indian village, that is very famous for practising black magic. This village is also considered the black magic capital of India and it has been haunted with the black practice rituals that are practised day in and day out.
Find out more about this special Indian village named "Mayong" which is in Assam. Read on to know more...
Why Was The Village Named Mayong?
The word Maya actually means illusion and the word "magic" became substitutable with Mayong as a lot of witchcraft and black magic is performed here.
The Annual Festival
The "Mayong-Pobitora" festival is the annual festival that is celebrated with the fusion of magic and wildlife. It's a 3-day festival where all people who practise black magic take out a procession.
People Visit To Learn Here
Since it is also known as the black magic capital of India, people from different places and even countries come down to learn the art of practising this unusual art.
Mayong Central Museum
This bizarre museum started in 2002 and it contains various books, mythological epics and even some of the very old manuscripts on how one could practise black magic.
Who Performs The Magic
Here in this village the people who practise black magic are known as "Bez or Ojaa". It is believed that these people keep ghosts as their assistants in their practices.