- 8 hrs ago Anushka Sharma's Sequinned White Dress Is What We Want To Update Our Wardrobe With
- 9 hrs ago 5 Chic Hairstyles To Disguise Greasy Hair
- 10 hrs ago Dia Mirza Looks Radiant In Her Pink And Golden Colour-Blocked Silk Sari
- 11 hrs ago Janhvi Kapoor's Ruffled Dress Will Absolutely Drive All Your Blues Away
- Technology Best 6GB RAM Smartphones To Buy Under Rs 12,000
- Movies Celebs Rave About Taapsee Pannu-Starrer Thappad; Rajkummar Rao Calls It A ‘Must Watch’
- News Delhi violence: Volunteers bring much-needed food, medicines to riot-affected
- Sports ICC T20 Rankings: Rahul remains number two batsman in T20s, Kohli static at ninth spot
- Finance Axis Bank Appoints New CFO
- Automobiles New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo-Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.68 Lakh
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
Did you know that Justin Timberlake has his own line of clothing? Did you know that our very own ‘Queen' Kangana Ranaut went to fashion school in London? Sometimes, celebrities can surprise you by doing things that they are not known for. Just like some celebrities are keen photographers, painters or writers, some celebrities have tuned fashion designers to bring out their creative side.
These celebrity fashion designers usually get all the limelight they need to launch their new fashion labels. So, celebrities who have tuned fashion designers have no trouble in getting a launching pad for their nascent brands. Look at Victoria Beckham for example. For a long time we knew Victoria as Posh Spice, a singer from Spice Girls which was a 90s girl band. Then, she was full-time wife of footballer David Beckham.
But today, we know Victoria Beckham as a fashion designer first and foremost. Her own designer brand is doing quite well. In fact, she came to the Met Ball 2014 wearing one of her own creations. There are many other celebrities who have turned fashion designers. This list includes both Indian and Western celebrity fashion designers.
The newest celebrity turned fashion designer in town is Mandira Bedi. She recently launched a saree collection for plus-size women.
Victoria Beckham's success story might have inspired many other celebrities to turn fashion designers. Many A-list celebrities like Cameron Diaz, Julia Roberts and Beyonce wear Victoria Beckham's clothes.
Neelam Kothari is a popular actress from the 90s who has now become a designer. She is still not very established, but many of her celebrity friends flaunt her designs.
Sienna Miller's acting career may not have taken off like a jet, but her designing career is a big story. She and her sister Savannah Miller were creative directors of Twenty8Twelve, which is their own brand.
Sarah Jessica Parker
The role of a fashionista in tele-series ‘Sex And The City' may have inspired Sarah Jessica Parker to start her own brand. She started a low-priced clothing line called ‘Bitten' that had a slogan, ‘fashion is not a luxury, it is your right'.
Justin Timberlake and his friend Trace Ayala launched their own men's fashion brand named William Rast. This brand name is a namesake for the grandfathers of these two best buddies.
After working for the movie ‘Fashion' where Kangana played a fashion model, her interest in fashion was sparked. She attended fashion school in London. Lately, Kangana has designed her own outfits and her sense of fashion seems to be getting better every day
Singer Gwen Stefani has launched her own line of clothing, accessories and perfumes called L.A.M.B. This fashion label is mainly inspired by Japanese fashion.
Kate Moss actually designed a 100 piece clothing capsule for Topshop. And guess what, her merchandise that mainly included skinny jeans and studded tees, sold out in hours! May be she should start her own brand one day.
Model-turned actress Lara Dutta was once Miss Universe. Today, she is happy being mommy and a fashion designer who works in collaboration with Chabra 555.
Kayne West designed shoes (mainly trainers) for Louis Vuitton in 2009 that was hugely successful. He did a similar stint with Nike. Then he started his own venture named DW (Donna West) named after his late mother. So will Kayne design his own outfit for his much awaited wedding with Kim Kardashian?