- 5 hrs ago Health And Wellness Tips For College Students
- 6 hrs ago This Wedding Season, Make Your Cocktail Evening Special With These Brand New Outfit Ideas
- 7 hrs ago Karwa Chauth 2019: 5 Alluring Make-up Looks From The Bollywood Divas For This Karwa Chauth
- 7 hrs ago Teratoma: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- News Why will Mount Everest's height be re-measured?
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Updates Day 1: Bhoomi Shetty Becomes The First Captain Of This Season!
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019, Eliminator 2: Raiders power U Mumba past Haryana Steelers
- Technology Oppo A9 2020 Receives Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India
- Automobiles Ratan Tata Invests In Electric Two Wheeler Start Up Tork Motors
- Education Who Is Abhijit Banerjee? 10 Facts About Indian-origin Economist Who Has Won Nobel Prize
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation Rises To 3.99% In September
- Travel Top 10 Indian Cities For Food Lovers
It's Friday and you must be already dreaming about your favourite drink to try out during the weekend. How about having a cocktail party this weekend? Talking about cocktails, do you know how cocktail originated or which is the most expensive cocktail in the world? If your answer is a no then here you go with some amazing cocktail facts.
The origin of the word 'cocktail' is disputed. The word was first found in The Morning Post and Gazetteer, London on March 20, 1798. A cocktail is basically a mixture of two or three alcoholic drinks. There is apparently a fierce battle to create the most expensive cocktail in the world. The range of these exquisite drinks range right from some thousand dollars to a blasting twelve thousand dollars for a single drink!
So, here are some of the world's most expensive cocktails for you to try!
Magie Noir or Black Magic, was prepared in a London night club. It is a combination of cognac, champagne, blackberry liquor, lychee and lemon grass. This amazing drink is priced at $630.
The use of Wray and Nephew's Jamaican rum makes this drink costly. There are only six bottles left of this rum. As the demand is high, the price of the drink goes up to $1,267.
Kentucky Derby Mint Julep
Made by Tiffany and Co., this drink is served in silver glasses filled with Alaskan glacier ice, Woodford Reserve bourbon and mint leaves. This cocktail costs $1000.
Ritz Paris Sidecar
It is a combination of 19th century Cognac, made of france's finest grapes. This classic drink is priced at $1,670.
My Cherry Amor
This cocktail was created in Vegas. It costs $2000.
Before Winston took the honour, Salvatore's Legacy was the most expensive cocktail till date. It is a combination of Clos de Griffier cognac dating 1778, 1860 Orange curaçao, and 1900 Angostura bitters. It is priced about $8,625.
It is presently world's most expensive cocktail. Created by an Australian bartender named Joel Heffernan, this cocktail is priced at $12,916.