- 20 min ago Alia Bhatt, Anushka Sharma, And Ananya Panday Have Ultimate Party Wear Goals For Us
- 32 min ago Try Out These Easy Hairstyles Tonight To Wake Up With Perfect Curls
- 1 hr ago Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh Flaunt Vibrant Outfits At Harmandir Sahib
- 1 hr ago Heard About A Pill To Fake Virginity On 'The First Night'? Well, It Is True!
- Technology Apple Research App For iPhone, Watch Goes Live: All You Need To Know
- News Minority view in Sabarimala verdict is a stern reminder of how SC verdicts should be implemented
- Sports Rumour Has It: Man City & United want Inter's Martinez as Atletico eye Rakitic
- Movies Miss World 2017 Manushi Chhillar To Play Sanyogita In Akshay Kumar’s Prithviraj
- Automobiles Royal Enfield’s DIY Basic Video Instructions For 650 Twins: Covers Starting Trouble & More
- Finance Places Where You Can Sell Gold Jewellery For Cash In India
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
Throughout life, everybody has different hobbies. Some people collect autographs, others collect stamps. Maybe your passion is to find vintage dresses, restore and resell them. Or find old cars at junk yards and fix them up for resale. We pursue our hobbies to escape from the harsh realities of life.
You might hate your job and still be forced to do it. But hobbies are things you do out of love and passion. Hobbies are usually inexpensive and easy to pursue. But a few people take pursuing their hobbies to a new level. Considering the amount of money they have at their disposal, it is really not that surprising.
Let us look at some of the most expensive hobbies ever.
You cannot put a price on a true work of art. But that does not mean you don't try. Original paintings, sculptures and statues are purchased all over the world during art auctions for exorbitant prices. A single painting might cost millions of dollars. The record is held by a buyer who paid $140 million for a Jackson Pollock painting. So imagine starting a collection!
It is an indisputable fact that flying is a costly pursuit. Most of us can only dream of flying a plane. But you know what they say, if you have enough money, then not even sky is the limit. Imagine the cost of flying lessons, getting a pilot license and then buying your own plane. You might put of buying your own plane by joining a flying club to rent planes, but even that costs $80 per hour.
One of the most expensive hobbies out there, be sure to engage in it only if you have the financial backings. A dress alone will cost you a few thousands of dollars. Add that to dance lessons, competition costs, travel and lodging, you will need more than $15,000 a year. If you are serious about pursuing this classy hobby, you are sure to find your pockets lighter in no time.
Unless you are sure you can afford this hobby, it is best to stay away from it. A good vintage car will lighten your wallet by millions of dollars. Case in point, a 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California Spider costs a whopping $10.8 million. If you have a net worth of around $150 million to $4.6 billion dollars like Ralph Lauren or Jerry Seinfeld, other notable car collectors, then this is the perfect hobby for you!
This is not a sport for those who are faint at heart or light in the pockets. A single tandem jump costs up to $250. You might be able to join classes which charge you around $1500 dollars. If you enjoy living life on the edge, then this is definitely the hobby for you!
One of the most expensive hobbies in the world, a nitromethane-powered dragster engine can accelerate faster than a plane. Purchasing a new dragster will cost over a million dollars. Even getting a used dragster will cost around $150, 000.
Some hobbies cost more than the other, but people do not let money stop them from following their passion. We can see that clearly from looking at the most expensive hobbies ever.