- 12 hrs ago Janhvi Kapoor Slays It In An All-Yellow Outfit Look; This Could Be Your New Party Look!
- 13 hrs ago What Is A DNA Vaccine? How Is It Different From Other Vaccine Types?
- 15 hrs ago From Genelia Deshmukh To Karisma Kapoor, The Patterned Outfits Of The Divas
- 16 hrs ago DISCOVERY+ ANNOUNCES COVERAGE OF BLUE ORIGIN'S SPACE LAUNCH
- Movies Hungama 2 Movie Review: Priyadarshan's Ensemble Comedy Will Make You Say 'Maa Hungama Tu Hi Bachaale'
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka ODI Series 2021: Full List of Award Winners, Records and Statistics
- Technology Best Discount Offers On 5G Smartphones During Amazon Prime Day Sale 2021
- Education NIOS Result 2021 10th 12th Declared, Check Link And Download Marksheet
- News Kisan Sansad passes resolution against APMC bypass act
- Finance RIL Q1 Profit At Rs. 12,200 Crore In Line With Street Estimates
- Automobiles Volkswagen Taigun India Launch Timeline Confirmed: Expected Price, Two Engine Options Available
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In August
Throughout life, everybody has different hobbies. Some people collect autographs, others collect stamps. Maybe your passion is to find vintage dresses, restore and resell them. Or find old cars at junk yards and fix them up for resale. We pursue our hobbies to escape from the harsh realities of life.
You might hate your job and still be forced to do it. But hobbies are things you do out of love and passion. Hobbies are usually inexpensive and easy to pursue. But a few people take pursuing their hobbies to a new level. Considering the amount of money they have at their disposal, it is really not that surprising.
Let us look at some of the most expensive hobbies ever.
You cannot put a price on a true work of art. But that does not mean you don't try. Original paintings, sculptures and statues are purchased all over the world during art auctions for exorbitant prices. A single painting might cost millions of dollars. The record is held by a buyer who paid $140 million for a Jackson Pollock painting. So imagine starting a collection!
It is an indisputable fact that flying is a costly pursuit. Most of us can only dream of flying a plane. But you know what they say, if you have enough money, then not even sky is the limit. Imagine the cost of flying lessons, getting a pilot license and then buying your own plane. You might put of buying your own plane by joining a flying club to rent planes, but even that costs $80 per hour.
One of the most expensive hobbies out there, be sure to engage in it only if you have the financial backings. A dress alone will cost you a few thousands of dollars. Add that to dance lessons, competition costs, travel and lodging, you will need more than $15,000 a year. If you are serious about pursuing this classy hobby, you are sure to find your pockets lighter in no time.
Unless you are sure you can afford this hobby, it is best to stay away from it. A good vintage car will lighten your wallet by millions of dollars. Case in point, a 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California Spider costs a whopping $10.8 million. If you have a net worth of around $150 million to $4.6 billion dollars like Ralph Lauren or Jerry Seinfeld, other notable car collectors, then this is the perfect hobby for you!
This is not a sport for those who are faint at heart or light in the pockets. A single tandem jump costs up to $250. You might be able to join classes which charge you around $1500 dollars. If you enjoy living life on the edge, then this is definitely the hobby for you!
One of the most expensive hobbies in the world, a nitromethane-powered dragster engine can accelerate faster than a plane. Purchasing a new dragster will cost over a million dollars. Even getting a used dragster will cost around $150, 000.
Some hobbies cost more than the other, but people do not let money stop them from following their passion. We can see that clearly from looking at the most expensive hobbies ever.