- 8 hrs ago What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- 13 hrs ago From Alia Bhatt To Kareena Kapoor Khan, These Divas Will Give Your Major Shopping Inspiration
- 17 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 15 December To 21 December
- 19 hrs ago 10 Situations Under Which A Man Should Practice Sexual Abstinence
- Sports Arsenal 0-3 Manchester City: Peerless De Bruyne inspires emphatic victory
- Movies Mohanlal-Prithviraj Duo's Empuraan: Here's An Interesting Update!
- News Tension prevails in AMU against CAA after Jamia Millia Islamia, cops use batons, teargas
- Technology How To Check Screen Time On Various Devices
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
The war of the richie riches is always in limelight. Every business tycoon tries his or her best to land up in the first position of the most richest person. Be it India or any other country, the list of richest persons keep changing with time. Luck, hard effort and correct usage of strategies can help a person reach at the top position. From steel to communication magnate, there are richies from various fields.
A China based research firm 'Hurun' conducted a survey to find out who is the richest Indian of 2012. Their survey 'Hurun India Rich List' has brought the name of Mukesh Ambani, Chairman of Reliance Industries at the top position.
According to the survey, 62% of individuals are self-made. For determining and analysing the survey, the report says the minimum cut-off mark for finding a place in the coveted list was $330 million.
Ambani has been followed by Lakshmi N. Mittal, the supremo of steel magnate, Wipro Chaiperson Azim Premji and many others.
Only 5 women among the top 100 wealthiest persons of India have come out. The women rich list, includes Savitri Jindal, Indu Jain, Anu Aga Mazumdar-Shaw and Shobhana Bhartia as the top 5 richest ladies of India.
When talking about states, Mumbai has 36 of India's richest persons, followed by Delhi (22) and Bangalore (15). In the top 100 richest Indians list 2012, 5 of them including LN Mittal (2nd richest Indian) are based abroad. So, lets brief out who is in the top 10 richest Indians list of 2012. This list is based on the survey 'Hurun India Rich List' of Hurun ( A Chinese research company).
Top 8 richest Indians of 2012:
Mukesh Ambani: The Chairman of Reliance Industries has topped the list of richest billionaires. With a personal fortune of $19.3 billion.
Lakshmi N. Mittal: The Steel Magnate is settled abroad and is the second richest Indian of 2012. he has a wealth of $16.9 billion.
Azim Premji: The Chairman of Wipro Limited has been guiding the company from 4 decades. With a fortune of $12.3 billion, he is the third richest Indian billionaire.
Dilip Shanghvi: The founder and managing director of Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited is the fourth richest Indian of 2012 with $8.5 billion wealth. Sun Pharma is the 5th largest drug maker of India.
Pallonji Mistry: Indian-born Irish construction tycoon and chairman of Shapoorji Pallonji Group is the 5th richest Indian with a wealth of $7.9 billion . He is also the first richest person in the world from Parsi descent.
Shashi and Ravi Ruia: Early in 2012, Forbes named the brothers as the richest Indian with $7 billion. But, Hurun has placed the owners of of Essar Energy in the 6th place among the top 100 richest Indians list.
Adi Godrej: The second richest Indian from Parsi descent is also in the top 10 list of richest Indian billionaires. The Chairman of Godrej Group and Indian School of Business has $6.9 billion wealth.
Kushal Pal Singh: Also known as K P Singh, he is the Indian real estate mogul and chairman and CEO of DLF Limited. He has a net worth of $6.3 billion and is in the list of top 10 richest Indians.