- 11 min ago What Does Your Handshake Reveal About Your Personality
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 18 January 2020
- 13 hrs ago What Causes Vitamin B12 Deficiency And How To Treat It
- 14 hrs ago Common Myths And Its Facts About Diabetes
- Finance Gold Steady Even As Stock Markets Around World Hit Record Highs
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite India Launch Confirmed For January 21
- Movies Game Of Thrones Spin Off 'House of The Dragon' To Air In 2022
- Sports KL Rahul gets thumbs up from Kuldeep, watches videos of Steve Smith, AB de Villiers
- News NBF brings financial accountability in BBMP to the fore after 5 years of relentless fight
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
If you are first timer (i.e. you are new in Mumbai because ass Mumbaikars know where this art festival takes place) then the venue needs to be your first concern. It it hard to miss actually because it is right in the centre of town in the Kala Ghoda square which is around the Jehangir art gallery in Colaba, Mumbai. It spread across to Max Mueller Bhavan and also Azad maidain for some events
Now if you have not been to Kala Ghoda festival 2012 then we can tell you what you have missed and what you must not miss because you still have the weekend to catch up.
Whats New At Kala Ghoda Art Festival?
1. The Tribute Series: This year a special tribute series is being organised in in this festival as so many veterans passed away this year. That includes Shammi Kapoor, Jagjit Singh and also eternal veterans like Tagore.
2. Regional Gems: You can still catch up on some of the best of your regional cinema in this Mumbai festival if you manage to squeeze in time from your weekends. Apart from these a wealth of documentaries and short films that you will not come across normally are being screened in this festival.
3. Theatre At Its Best: This is the time of the year when theatre in Mumbai is at its most active phase. A total number of 26 plays have been conducted this year at this art festival in a combination of Hindi, English and Marathi languages. Street theatre is encouraged and you will see many groups breaking into small crowds while performing. If you do not know what do do on weekend then catch the play 'Four Play' presented by famous theatre personality Divya Palat.
4. On The Literary Front: As always you can have an enriching experience of attending different kinds of writing forms by attending workshops. You can still attend the workshops on how to attempt a comedy and writing for the screen on this weekend. Other than that there is prestigious Poetry Slam or competition that happens every year.
5. The Heritage: Apart from art, food and culture this is one of the main attractions of this Mumbai art festival this year. Walk to know your Heritage, walks through the oldest heritage areas of Mumbai like Crawford market and VT Station is being organised this week end. It will be followed by a 'Treasure Hunt' so that youngsters take more interest in their local history.
To wrap it up Kala Ghoda festival is a must stop destination for you this weekend.