- 20 min ago Taapsee Pannu And Other Divas Flaunt Stylish Outfits At The Thappad Screening Event
- 29 min ago 22 Health Benefits Of Papaya Leaves: Side Effects And How To Use
- 44 min ago Chandrashekhar Azad's Death Anniversay: 11 Facts About The Brave Freedom Fighter
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 27 February 2020
- Movies Watch: John Oliver's Critical Report On Narendra Modi's Presidential Tenure Is Unmissable
- Sports ICC Women's T20 World Cup 2020: India hold nerve to beat New Zealand, enter semifinals
- News Sonia Gandhi-led Congress delegation meets Kovind over Delhi violence
- Automobiles Hyundai i20 2020 Models Interiors Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Details And Expected Features
- Technology Black Shark 3 Video Teaser Confirms 270Hz Touch Sampling Rate, 4,720mAh Battery
- Finance Gold Prices Rise After Reports Of First US Coronavirus Case Of Unknown Origin
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
Beauty products do well when they are marketed by beautiful women. There is no scope of doubt in this marketing strategy of cosmetic brands. Most leading cosmetic brands choose the reigning divas of Bollywood to be the face of their product line. In fact, the more endorsements a celebrity does, the higher is the brand value.
Celebrity endorsements also determine the value and positioning of a brand. For example, an anti-ageing cream will not sign up an actress or model in her twenties to be their brand ambassador. Take Olay as a cosmetic brand for example. Olay has used different celebrities to market several types of product lines, The anti-ageing beauty products of Olay are promoted by mature actresses like Kajol and Madhuri Dixit. Olay aslo has an anti-marks product that is marketed by 30-something celebrities like Soha Ali Khan and Tisca Chopra. The Olay fairness cream has Katrina Kaif as its face.
Often, celebrities also replace each other as the face of a particular cosmetic brand. This can signal that the crown is slipping from the previous brand ambassador. It could also mean that the brand itself needs a face lift. Recently, Deepika Padukone replaced Priyanka Chopra to become the face of Garnier.
Let us take look at some of the best celebrity endorsements for cosmetic products.
Deepika Padukone For Garnier
Deepika Padukone recently replaced Priyanka Chopra to become the brand ambassador of Garnier.
Kareena Kapoor For Boroplus
Kareena Kapoor gave Boroplus a huge face lift. It was once considered a low-value brand but now Kareena has endorsed it for 5 years.
Madhuri Dixit For Olay
Who better than the eternally beautiful Madhuri Dixit can endorse an anti-ageing cream?
Kajol For Olay
Kajol is one of those celebrities who have started looking better with age. That is why she was an ideal choice for Olay.
Katrina Kaif For Olay
Katrina is the young face of Olay. She endorses their fairness cream.
Sonam Kapoor For Loreal
Sonam Kapoor endorses the perfect radiance cream for Loreal. Its tag line is 'as perfect as a pearl'.
Yami Gautam For Fair & Lovely
She was a model for Fair & Lovely even before she became famous with her debut film, Vicky Donor.
Priyanka Chopra For Ganier
Priyanka Chopra was famous for her advertisement with the spotted puppy. It was an ad for an anti-spots cream.