Born in 1950, Sudha Murthy did her bachelors in engineering in B.V.B. College of Engineering & Technology, Hubli. She even stood first for the state and received a gold medal from the Chief Minister of Karnataka. Sudha continued with her masters in computer science during 1974 at IISC, Bangalore where she again topped and received a gold medal from the Indian Institute Of Engineers.
She was the first woman engineer hired by TELCO which was at that time had the men only policy. Complaining the gender policy, Sudha Murthy had even written a letter to JRD Tata and was later invited for a special interview by the company.
In an interview, sudha was quoted saying that when Narayana Murthy planned to start Infosys, she too had contributed some amount that she had saved for monthly expenses.This way Sudha has always backed NRN in his journey to success. She had even related problems to Sanjeevani mountains and motivated the younger crowd to grow bigger like Hanuman to tackle problems.
The woman behind NRN is honored with Padmashri by the government of India. She has even been given an honorary doctorate and the Raja Lakshmi Award for her outstanding contribution to social service. She is also a literary figure. Many famous books titled How I Taught My Grandmother To Read, The Bird with Golden Wings, Gently Falls the Bakula are highly popular. Some of her stories are even translated to the Assamese language.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Update: Kamal Nath To Be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- IPL Auction 2019: 5 Indians Who Will Not Get Big Bids
- Vivo Carnival On Amazon India: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- New Renault Cars For 2019 — New Renault MPV, Duster & Kwid Facelift Set To Launch Soon
- How Has NPS Withdrawal Become 100% Tax Free?
- The Bachchans Arrive To Bless Isha & Anand On Their Wedding!
- 17 Benefits Of Arrowroot: For Health, Hair & Skin
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood