- 34 min ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black-hued Attire And Ups The Fashion Bar
- 55 min ago Lakshmi Manchu's Sari Is The Vibrant Wedding Wear You Need For Your Friend's Wedding
- 1 hr ago Amazing Health Benefits Of Guava For Babies
- 1 hr ago Panipat Actress, Kriti Sanon's Sari And Sports Shoes Look Is What We Want To Nail
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 63 Synopsis - Rashami Desai To Call It Quits?
- News He has performed his duty: Cyberabad CP V C Sajjanar's brother
- Sports India vs West Indies, 1st T20I: Live Update: Kohli's band look to pick up an early lead
- Technology Apple Updates "Clips" App With Memoji, Animoji, And More
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
- Finance Axis Bank CFO Resigns
- Automobiles MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
The rich and famous Kiran Mazumdar Shaw was born on 23 March, 1953. The Indian Entrepreneur (click here to know about the other Indian entrepreneurs) is the chairperson (CMD) of the Biocon Limited. Biocon is a biotechnology firm based in Bangalore.
The Australian trained brewer did her schooling and graduation in Bangalore and then she came up with Biocon in her garage with a capital of Rs 10,000. Today Biocon is the biggest Biopharmaceutical firm in the country. Kiran married John Shaw in 1998, who was the managing director of Madura Coats.
Kiran Mazumdar Shaw is rated as one of the richest women entrepreneurs in Asia by forbes. She is a recipient of several prestigious awards including the Nikkei Asia Prize (for Regional Growth), Express Pharmaceutical Leadership Summit Award (for Dynamic Entrepreneur), the Economic Times 'Businesswoman of the Year and also The Indian Chamber of Commerce Lifetime Achievement Award to name the least.
In recognition of her contributions, she has also received an honorary Doctorate of science by the Ballarat University apart from the University of Abertay, University of Glasgow and Heriot-Watt University in UK.
Inspite of her business schedules, Kiran Mazumdar Shaw has written a book titled 'Ale and Arty'. She is also an active social activist and has been a part of the Bangalore Agenda Task Force . Mazumdar Shaw has been truly inspiring to many Indian women dreaming to make it big in the Indian business.