- Sports Tough tasks await Barcelona and Real Madrid in derbi-packed La Liga weekend
- Technology CJI Introduces AI In Judicial System With Human Discretion
- News 'Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji' actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- Finance 4 Things The Stock Markets Are Looking For In The Union Budget
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Exports To Latin America, Africa & Asia Begins
- Movies Disco Raja Day 1 Worldwide Collections: Ravi Teja's Film Gets A Good Start
- Travel 7 Popular Indian Landmarks To Visit This Republic Day
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
The rich and famous Kiran Mazumdar Shaw was born on 23 March, 1953. The Indian Entrepreneur (click here to know about the other Indian entrepreneurs) is the chairperson (CMD) of the Biocon Limited. Biocon is a biotechnology firm based in Bangalore.
The Australian trained brewer did her schooling and graduation in Bangalore and then she came up with Biocon in her garage with a capital of Rs 10,000. Today Biocon is the biggest Biopharmaceutical firm in the country. Kiran married John Shaw in 1998, who was the managing director of Madura Coats.
Kiran Mazumdar Shaw is rated as one of the richest women entrepreneurs in Asia by forbes. She is a recipient of several prestigious awards including the Nikkei Asia Prize (for Regional Growth), Express Pharmaceutical Leadership Summit Award (for Dynamic Entrepreneur), the Economic Times 'Businesswoman of the Year and also The Indian Chamber of Commerce Lifetime Achievement Award to name the least.
In recognition of her contributions, she has also received an honorary Doctorate of science by the Ballarat University apart from the University of Abertay, University of Glasgow and Heriot-Watt University in UK.
Inspite of her business schedules, Kiran Mazumdar Shaw has written a book titled 'Ale and Arty'. She is also an active social activist and has been a part of the Bangalore Agenda Task Force . Mazumdar Shaw has been truly inspiring to many Indian women dreaming to make it big in the Indian business.