- 1 hr ago LFW 2020: Here's What You Can Expect From Amit Aggarwal's Summer Resort Grand Finale Collection
- 2 hrs ago 16 Wholesome Foods To Help Relieve Stress Naturally
- 2 hrs ago How To Recreate Sonam Kapoor’s Stunning Blue Eye Make-up Look With Just 6 Products
- 2 hrs ago Stress And Anxiety During Pregnancy? Here Are Some Helpful Tips
- News SC seeks Centre's response on plea for relocating Gir lions to Madhya Pradesh
- Movies Jr NTR's Film With Trivikram Srinivas Finally Gets A Title?
- Sports Inter Milan sign Eriksen from Tottenham
- Technology Motorola G8 Renders Surface Online: Punch-Hole Display, Triple-Rear Cameras Tipped
- Automobiles BharatBenz BS-VI Trucks & Buses Revealed With New Connectivity Tech
- Finance 5 Best NRE FD Accounts for NRI’s
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Most Expensive Present President Barack Obama Ever Received -
Although the castle sources deny these reports, many internet sites have quoted the details of the gift stating that it was published in the white house register.
According to the reports, Barack Obama, in his first year as US President was showered with most expensive gifts. The first, being gifted by the Saudi Arabian King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz. The gift reportedly was worth thousands of dollars (around $ 30,000). Also, the first lady Michelle Obama and their children Malia and Sasha received gifts from the king.
The Monarch also offered gifts to the White House staff (to a senior US diplomatic interpreter and US charge d'affaires in Riyadh). The gift to Barack Obama, as reported by the internet sites was a Jaeger-LeCoultre glass clock designed like a large desert scene on a green veined marble base. It featured figurines of golden palm trees and Camels. The First Lady received a ruby diamond jewelry and a pearl necklace worth millions of dollars. Their kids also received jewelry worth thousands in addition to books and DVDs.
And not just that, Barack Obama also received various other expensive gifts from across the globe like a silk embroidered portrait of the first family, a pearl necklace, a bronze statue to list a few.