- 52 min ago What Is Gaming Disorder And How It Can Be Treated
- 1 hr ago Disha Patani And Other Divas Make A Fashionable Splash With Their Latest Magazine Covers
- 1 hr ago This All-Natural Henna Hair Dye Is The Only Remedy You Need For Your Grey Hair
- 1 hr ago Ranveer Singh Rocks Two Extremely Different Outfits, Which One Did You Like More?
- News Karnataka By-Election Results 2019: Full list of winners from BJP, Congress, JDS
- Movies Saif Ali Khan On Mean Comments During His First Few Auditions: 'People Felt I Looked Like A Girl'
- Technology Vivo V17: The Good, Bad, And The X Factor
- Finance Sensex, Nifty End With Marginal Gains; End 2-Day Losing Run
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Sports 'He can do it all', 'one for the ages' - LeBron and Lakers laud dominant Davis
- Automobiles Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Most Expensive Present President Barack Obama Ever Received -
Although the castle sources deny these reports, many internet sites have quoted the details of the gift stating that it was published in the white house register.
According to the reports, Barack Obama, in his first year as US President was showered with most expensive gifts. The first, being gifted by the Saudi Arabian King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz. The gift reportedly was worth thousands of dollars (around $ 30,000). Also, the first lady Michelle Obama and their children Malia and Sasha received gifts from the king.
The Monarch also offered gifts to the White House staff (to a senior US diplomatic interpreter and US charge d'affaires in Riyadh). The gift to Barack Obama, as reported by the internet sites was a Jaeger-LeCoultre glass clock designed like a large desert scene on a green veined marble base. It featured figurines of golden palm trees and Camels. The First Lady received a ruby diamond jewelry and a pearl necklace worth millions of dollars. Their kids also received jewelry worth thousands in addition to books and DVDs.
And not just that, Barack Obama also received various other expensive gifts from across the globe like a silk embroidered portrait of the first family, a pearl necklace, a bronze statue to list a few.