- Sports Review blunders haunt New Zealand against England
- Movies Adithya Varma Twitter Review: Here’s What Audiences Feel About The Dhruv Vikram Starrer!
- News Karnataka bypolls: 165 candidates in fray, Congress, BJP both have 15 candidates
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A71 Renders Surfaces Online With A Quad-Camera Setup
- Finance CSB Bank IPO Opens On 22 November: Things To Know
- Travel 10 Honeymoon Destinations In India – Let The Honeymoon Begin!
- Automobiles Mumbai Traffic Police To Arrest Motorists With Unpaid Traffic Fines: Too Strict?
- Education Why World Children's Day Is Celebrated On November 20?
The tiny Treskilling Yellow stamp, weighing not more that 0.03 grams is to be put on auction for a whopping 5 million pounds.
This is a Swedish stamp which exists only because a boy rescued it from his grandmothers dust bin. This stamp dates back to the year 1855 and was used in 1857. This was the only stamp which was painted yellow by mistake. It was supposed to be green in colour. This difference made it a special stamp.
The difference and the age has made a worth of 5 million pounds, making it the World's most expensive stamp. The stamp The stamp, will be auctioned off in Geneva next week.
The stamp has been under the possession of different people at different period of time. It was sold for 2,875,000 Swiss Francs,in 1966 and £1.7 million, to collectors who remain anonymous.
"There was hot competition when it was sold last time. People collecting stamps like to have rare things, like to have special things. I think maybe it''s because it's been known for so many years, it's special," said a Danish auctioneer.