- 32 min ago International Aviation Day 2019: Significance Behind Celebrating This Day
- 58 min ago Deepika Padukone, Kangana Ranaut And Other Divas Have Wedding-Perfect Neckpieces For Us
- 1 hr ago 8 Myths About Live-In Relationships And Facts You Are Unsure About
- 8 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 07 December 2019
- Movies Taapsee Pannu On Badla Being Called Big B's Film: 'That's A Wrong Way To Judge'
- Technology BSNL Revises Its Prepaid Plans With Reduced Validity
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Automobiles Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- News Statue of Unity surpasses daily average footfall at Statue of Liberty
- Sports Virat Kohli gets brutally honest with his batting: 'Young batsmen, don't watch'
- Finance SEBI Directs LIC, BoB And SBI To Reduce Stake In UTI AMC
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Rapidly rising hotel-room rates and growing travel delays are creating a new niche in accommodation facilities around the globe, called the all new 'Pod Hotel' trend. It is designed especially for price-conscious and stylish travelers. These hotel rooms are small spaces where travelers can spend the night or a few hours for relatively cheap rate.
The concept has been in Japan for decades but is new in Europe and spreading to the U.S. In New York, this has been the first choice to many travelers as average room rates are now at a record nearly 0 a night. But at the Pod Hotel in midtown Manhattan, a standard room with a bunk bed, two flat-panel TVs and a shared bathroom starts only at a night.
Pods which have taken the hospitality business by storm, were first inspired from the toaster-size Japanese capsule hotels. These hotels were made especially for businessmen or common salarymen who had missed the last train home. Slowly it became the next big thing for all the
busy men, who could forgo their homes for more than a week for work. They are great for a short stay or for people who don't spend much time in their hotel rooms. However, for those who suffer from claustrophobia should book elsewhere. As most of these hotels do not have space and amenities like staff and restaurants, and sometimes even private bathrooms and windows. The first capsule hotel was the Capsule Inn Osaka, designed by Kisho Kurokawa and located in the Umeda district of Osaka.
YOTEL, based in the United Kingdom, also offers high style, small rooms with low prices. The 10x10 foot rooms cost around 0 a night.. The rooms are soundproof and each contains a sofa that converts into a double bed, a desk that pulls down from the wall, an iPod dock, a teeny closet, a shower, wireless Internet and a flat-screen TV with surround-sound speakers. Check-in and check-out are self-serve and automated, as is the snack bar.
Some of the best Pod Hotels in the world are, Free Spirit Spheres in Canada, Das Park in Austria, Cove Park in Scotland, ElquiDomos in Chile and Yabyum Resort in India. So, this summer holidays while traveling to an unknown land with a small budget and security and style in mind make sure to look for the Pod hotels.