- 1 hr ago What You Need To Know About The Ranna Puja (Cooking Festival) In West Bengal
- 1 hr ago Kangana Ranaut's Latest Airport Wardrobe Includes Breezy And Boss Lady Outfits
- 1 hr ago How To Get Nushrat Bharucha’s Glossy Make-up And Wet Hair Look
- 1 hr ago Dream Girl Actress Nushrat Bharucha Has Long Dress Goals For Girls With Average Height
- Sports India vs South Africa: 2nd T20I Live Update: India, SA eager for win in Mohali
- News Bengal, Hyderabad, Bangladesh: NIA registers its first human trafficking case under amended law
- Technology Kingston Throned As The Number One DRAM Module Supplier For 16th Consecutive Year
- Automobiles Mahindra Car Sales India August 2019: Bolero Becomes Brand’s Top-Seller Yet Again
- Movies This Video of Taimur Speaking Toddler Language Is The CUTEST Thing You Will See On The Internet
- Finance Airtel Payments Bank Launches "Bharosa" Savings Account
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Designed by Gautam Pal, the statue that weighs 125 kilograms is located at the busy junction of the Mao Ming Road and Nanchang Road in China"s business hub. The purpose behind unveiling Tagore"s statue was to acknowledge his impression on Chinese poets and scholars.
China has already shown interest in constructing a gallery at Rabindra Bharathi University in Kolkata to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of the great poet.
The Beijing Lecture Association invited Tagore in 1923 to deliver a series of talks as part of its objective to enable foreign scholars to come and interact with Chinese intellectuals.
The Nobel laureate visited China thrice in the 1920s. To bring out the original concept of Tagore"s works, several Chinese scholars learned Bengali to translate his poems.