- 23 min ago No Shave November Special: Benefits Of Beard Growth Serum And How To Apply It
- 31 min ago All Hell Breaks Loose When Indian Parents Find About Dating, 6 Tips To Guide Your Children
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 22 November 2019
- 16 hrs ago Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Gives Us Cues On How To Notch Up Our Travel Wardrobe
- Movies Broken But Beautiful Actor Vikrant Massey & Sheetal Thakur Had Secret Roka; To Get Engaged Soon
- Technology ISRO Postpones Launch Of Cartosat-3 Satellite To November 27
- News Writer Atish Ali Taseer who lost OCI card moves Supreme Court
- Sports Mental Health: Woman cricketer Molineux takes break in Australia
- Finance DHFL Shares Lock In Upper Circuit On Reports Of Adani Group's Interest
- Automobiles Tata Motors Announces Mega Service Camp: Offers Vehicle Health Checks, Discounts & More
- Travel 10 Honeymoon Destinations In India – Let The Honeymoon Begin!
- Education Why World Children's Day Is Celebrated On November 20?
Designed by Gautam Pal, the statue that weighs 125 kilograms is located at the busy junction of the Mao Ming Road and Nanchang Road in China"s business hub. The purpose behind unveiling Tagore"s statue was to acknowledge his impression on Chinese poets and scholars.
China has already shown interest in constructing a gallery at Rabindra Bharathi University in Kolkata to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of the great poet.
The Beijing Lecture Association invited Tagore in 1923 to deliver a series of talks as part of its objective to enable foreign scholars to come and interact with Chinese intellectuals.
The Nobel laureate visited China thrice in the 1920s. To bring out the original concept of Tagore"s works, several Chinese scholars learned Bengali to translate his poems.