- 1 hr ago Priyanka Chopra Jonas Proves How Confidence Can Help You Rock Any Given Bold Attire
- 2 hrs ago Bella Hadid Makes A Bold Statement At Max Mara’s Show; Here’s How To Get This Look
- 2 hrs ago Mouni Roy Is A Picture Of Elegance In This White Belted Sari
- 2 hrs ago Be Careful What You Wish For! 8 Reasons Why Watching Porn Can Affect Your Relationships And Sex Life
- News To boost economic relations with Pakistan, China to open visa office in Peshawar
- Automobiles Benelli Leoncino 250 India Launch Expected Soon: Specs, Details & Price
- Sports Supreme Court allows TNCA to hold elections
- Movies Skinny Jennifer Aniston Was Asked To Further Lose 30 Pounds To Essay Rachel Green On Friends!
- Finance Airbnb Plans To Go Public In 2020
- Technology Google To Soon Launch Feature Phone With Assistant Support
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
It was originally billed as a poetry slam but the White House later corrected this, saying that a slam is a competition, which the president"s party was not. It was a jam. Obama promised on the campaign trail that if he was elected, he would throw the White House open to as wide a range of people as possible. The party also aims to make this promise intact.
Barack Obama is so fond of poetry. He said on the campaign trail no one should graduate from university without having read poetry. He has been spotted with a copy works from the Nobel Prize-winning poet Derek Walcott in his back pocket.
Two poems, Pop and Underground, by the president published in the literary magazine Feast in 1981 surfaced last year. Since becoming president, the Obamas, who are often seen at theatre and concert halls round Washington much more than the Bushes, have hosted a series of cultural events at the White House.