- 4 hrs ago This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- 4 hrs ago Man Eats 'Banana Art' Worth USD 120,000, Says He Isn't Sorry!
- 6 hrs ago This Company Will Allow Their LGBTQ+ Employees To Avail HR Benefits On Declaring Their Partner
- 6 hrs ago Penile Allergy: Causes, Home Remedies And Prevention
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan: 'I'll Be Lying If I Say I Really Struggled'
- Sports Pakistan will not play any home series on neutral venue: PCB chief Mani
- News Govt issues 8-point 'myth-buster' on controversial Citizenship Amendment Bill
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Technology RedmiBook 13 With Intel Core i5/i7 Announced For Around Rs. 43,500
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Sadly, the Queen might run out of her funds, in her Diamond Jubilee year, unless the government increases the Civil List. The Civil List, which pays for the running of the Royal Household, has not increased in the last 20 years. The newly published accounts reveal that the total cost of keeping the monarchy during the last financial year has increased by 1.5 million pounds to 41.5 million pounds.
At present, UK is suffering from the global economic crisis- the worst since the Second World War. At the moment any request for an increase in funds would be difficult to tackle. It also revealed that the Queen raided the reserve fund by 6 million pounds to supplement the Civil List.
A breakdown of the figures has revealed that 9.9 million pounds went on salaries, administration 1.5 million pounds, housekeeping and furnishings 700,000 pounds, ceremonial functions 400,000 pounds, 1.1 million pounds on catering and hospitality, 600,000 pounds on the garden parties which were attended by 50,000 people. The reserve, which had around 35 million pounds at its peak, has now diminished to 14 million pounds. The reserve, which had around 35 million pounds at its peak, has now diminished to 14 million pounds.