- Sports India Vs Australia, 3rd ODI, Live Score: Kohli & Co, Finch and band look for series win in Bengaluru
- News Anti-CAA: Blankets of protesting women snatched by police near Clock Tower in Lucknow
- Technology Indian IT Ministry Issues Social Media Guidelines For Account Identity Verification
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapuramloo Day 7 Box Office Collection: The Film Crosses 100 Crore In Just One Week!
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Bollywood filmmaker Yash Chopra also received an award on behalf of his filmmaker son Aditya Chopra. Aditya Chopra's,"Chak De! India", a film about field hockey in India, was named the best film in overall entertainment for 2007. Today the word "Chak de India" is like a logo in every success whether it is sports field or any other field.
The National Film Awards aim at encouraging the production of films of aesthetic and technical excellence. The award also promotes films with social relevance contributing to the understanding and appreciation of cultures of different regions of the country. The awards also promote integration and unity of the nation.
In the feature film section, the awards are given in 31 categories. It included Award for Best Feature Film, Indira Gandhi Award for Best First Film of a director, Award For Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment, Award For Best Direction, Actor, Actress, Editing, Lyrics and Choreography. In the non-feature film section, awards are given in 22 categories like Best Non-Feature Film, Best Biographical/Historical Reconstruction/Compilation Film, Special Jury Award and Best Audiography.
National Award for Best Writing on cinema and Best Film Critic are also given. The awards aim at encouraging study and appreciation of cinema as an art form and dissemination of information and critical appreciation of this art-form through publication of books, articles and reviews.