- 1 hr ago A 12-Year-Old Colour-Blind Boy Gets Emotional After He Sees Colours For The First Time
- 4 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Mesmerising Blue Eye Make-up Is All You Need To Slay This Holiday Season
- 5 hrs ago Rasika Dugal's Black Outfit Can Easily Elevate Your Formal Look
- 6 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor & More
- Movies Actor Vijay Verma Is All Set To Star In Reema Kagti’s New Web Series Titled Fallen
- News CAB protest: UGC NET exam in Assam, Meghalaya postponed; govt employees to cease work on Dec 18
- Sports Guwahati T20 International: BCCI, Assam CA to 'monitor' situation
- Technology How To Get Numeric Keypad In Windows
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Charles and Jenkins met in 1975 when she was a receptionist at the British consulate in Montreal, Canada. These letters were written in 1980, just a year before he tied the knot with Princess Diana. Now, Jenkins, of Toronto, sold them to LA-based collector Alicia Carroll, whose firm recently went bust. The letters have an auction starting price of 25,000 pounds. Here are some glimpses into the letter.
"I would have thought your apartment is the quietest place. If we went out the press would be on to it in a flash and that would be misery. I shall just have to get married as soon as possible and then all these people might relax a little! I still think my solution of marrying a girl from each Commonwealth country is the best one."
Writing about failed marriages, he says: "Making a mistake like that is, frankly, something which concerns me enormously."
In the last seven-page letter, he writes: "My new private secretary is horrified by the idea of ladies in hotels during foreign visits."
The letters have an auction starting price of 25,000 pounds.