- 6 hrs ago A 12-Year-Old Colour-Blind Boy Gets Emotional After He Sees Colours For The First Time
- 9 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Mesmerising Blue Eye Make-up Is All You Need To Slay This Holiday Season
- 10 hrs ago Rasika Dugal's Black Outfit Can Easily Elevate Your Formal Look
- 12 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor & More
- Movies Miss World 2019: Miss Jamaica Toni-Ann Singh Wins The Crown; India's Suman Rao Is The 2nd Runner Up!
- Sports West Indies built credibility with T20 performance against India, will be a force to reckon with during WC: Brian Lara
- Technology Micromax Revenue From Sales Fall 45% To Rs. 2,368.79 Crore In FY19: Report
- News CAB protest: Violence in WB; curfew relaxed in parts of Assam, Meghalaya
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
The 'Nightingale' of Bollywood and Bharat Ratna recepient Lata Mangeshkar today celebrated her 79th birthday with her family in Pune.
The melody queen has never celebrated her birthday in a lavish way, preferring to stay indoors and carry on with her daily chores.
Though Lata generally maintains a low profile, she still continues to lend her voice to many a filmstars and was last heard in Vikram Bhatt's '1920', where she shared playback credits with Pandit Jasraj and Asha Bhosale.
Born on September 28, 1929, in a family of musicians, Lata started her career in the music arena 66 years ago. She got a wide recognition for her song 'Aayega Aanewala' in the film 'Mahal' and then never looked back. From light classical music to film songs and from ghazals to bhajans and pop, she has sung a variety of numbers. Having worked with almost all top music composers and singers in the industry, Lata has sung more than 30,000 songs in over 20 Indian languages.
The singer even featured in the Guinness Book of World Records from 1974 to 1991 for having made the most recordings in the world.