- Finance Rupee Opens Lower At 71.47
- News Coronavirus: China-returned doctor quarantined in Rajasthan; patient kept in isolation
- Technology Nokia 9.2 PureView Featuring Snapdragon 865 SoC To Launch In 2020
- Sports Kobe Bryant dead: Nadal and ATP stars mourn passing of Lakers legend
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam Season 2 Update: Double Elimination & Wild Cart Entries This Weekend!
- Automobiles Fiat Stops Production Of 1.3-Litre Multijet Engine: The End Of The Road For India’s Favourite Diesel
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
"As per the rule in Section 49-O, a person can go to the polling booth, confirm his identity, get his finger marked, and convey to the presiding election officer that he or she doesn't want to vote for anyone!" said a member of the Forum.
"So by casting this protest vote, we can sow our dissent and disapprove these candidates. Using 49"0 would not only take away the liberty of misusing your votes and give you a choice you never knew before, of Not choosing any of them," he said.
The students belonged to the Jawaharlal Nehru University, IP University, AIIMS and other institutes.
Deciding not to vote, the students, duly entered their name in the register of voters in Form 17A and put their signature as required under sub-rule (1) of rule 49L and then decided not to record their vote. According to the procedure, a remark to this effect will be made against the said entry in Form 17A by the presiding officer and the signature or thumb impression of the elector obtained against the remark.