- 3 hrs ago 10 Risks Associated With Protein Overconsumption
- 4 hrs ago 8 Alarming Symptoms Of Cervical Cancer In Women
- 6 hrs ago Ananya Panday Stuns In A Tarun Tahiliani’s Hand-Embroidered Lehenga And It Is Pretty Unique
- 6 hrs ago Pooja Hedge’s Green Velvet Manish Malhotra Lehenga Will Help You Rock Winter Wedding
- Movies Salman Khan’s Race 3 Was Not A Flop: Remo D’Souza
- News EU to debate anti-CAA resolution, voting delayed till March
- Sports PBL 2020: Hyderabad Hunters recovers after Sindhu's shock defeat to Michelle Li
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51 With Quad Rear Cameras Launched For Rs. 23,999
- Finance All Indian Railway Coaches, Wagons To Be Tagged With RFID For Tracking By 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In 2020
- Automobiles Toyota Fortuner BS6 Petrol And Diesel Engine Specifications Revealed
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
The cup unveiled by Sports Commentator and Calicut Press Club Secretary Kamal Varadoor this evening, would be presented to the fans of the winning team emerging from the Euro Cup final at Vienna, here on Sunday, NFFA President N V Subair told UNI.
Germany takes on the winner of the second semi-final between Russia and Spain in Switzerland this night.
He said hundreds of fans were thronging to the NFFA Complex where a 70 mm screen was installed for viewing the encounter between their favourite teams in Europe.
He said the organisation also expected large crowds this night and Sunday to view the second semifinal and the final on the large screen.
"One can understand the soccer spirit among the people here when they were prepared to watch the play, be it World Cup, Euro Cup or any other championship, even after all the seats were occupied," he said.
"At times they indulge in bets in favour of their favourite club and in heated arguments" in support of their heroes," he said.
The association was formed in 1996 with just four members but now it has emerged as a major body drawing thousands of football lovers from all over the world.
Even many foreigners turned up to this place to feel the intensity of football fever here.
Many media groups like BBC, NDTV and ESPN Sports Anchor Gautam Bhimani had visited the place to give a special coverage of football euphoria here, he claimed.
Expenditure incurred by the organisation was met through sponsors and contribution from the fans, he said adding they maintained close relations with premier soccer bodies in the world such as FIFA, UFA and Latin American Football Association.
The NFFA has also created a blog, www.nvfootball.blogspot.com, to enhance its reach.