- 2 hrs ago Heat Exhaustion: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment And Prevention
- 3 hrs ago Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, And More Won Us With Their Outfits At Charlie's Angels Premiere
- 3 hrs ago Diabetes Insipidus In Children: Causes, Types, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 4 hrs ago So, What Is So Special About Deepika Padukone's Anniversary Sari
- Sports FIFA 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: India vs Afghanistan: Super-sub Doungel helps Blue Tigers earn point in Dushanbe
- Movies Ayushmann Khurrana Starrer Dream Girl To Release In Hong Kong In December
- News Congress, Shiv Sena, NCP hold meeting to discuss Common Minimum Programme
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Starts Winter Service Camp: Offers Free Check Ups, Complimentary Washes & More
- Technology Microsoft Brings Its Xbox Game Pass Ultimate To India For Just Rs. 50
- Finance Deadline To File GST Returns Extended; Forms Simplified
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
At the 2006 Kennedy Center Honors, first lady Laura Bush found herself in an awkward position when she showed up at the event in the same red Oscar de la Renta gown worn by three other women there.
According to fashion industry guru Cynthia O'Connor, the problem is quite serious as high-end stores are stocking fewer gowns than usual this year, which might increase a woman's likelihood of appearing at an inaugural ball in the same outfit as somebody else.
But, at DressRegistry.com, you can "register" your dress by event (Democracy Ball, Patriot Ball, Hawaii Inauguration Ball, etc.) and thus leaving no chance to see "your identical twin" at the event. In a few quick steps you can make sure that the dress you want to wear is the only one registered. Thats not all, by logging in, you can also get an idea of the style of dress each ball demands.
"Through our site, women can register their own inaugural gowns for free and review the types of gowns others will be wearing. The one thing they can't do is see who is wearing what. That would be cheating," The Washington Times quoted Andrew Jones, DressRegistry.com founder, as saying.
Christina Travers, a New York fashion designer behind her own label, Grace, has suggested a rather costly solution to avoid Mrs. Bush's "red dress incident"— custom-design gowns for the inauguration.
"I knew there was a need. This is an experience I know firsthand. There are going be quite a number of events, and women are looking for special things to mark the occasion, so as you can imagine the response has been quite strong," said Ms. Travers.
On December 10, 2008, Washington DC-based event planning company, Event Emissary announced that it is hosting the first eco-friendly Presidential Inaugural celebration. The Green Ball will kick-off the Inaugural on January 17, 2009 at the Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium on Constitution Avenue in Washington, DC. So, get ready to witness one of the prime events in history - in style. AGENCIES