- Technology Best Smartbands To Buy Under Rs 2000 To Buy In India
- Sports NBA legend Kobe Bryant reportedly dies in helicopter crash in California; news leaves sporting fraternity shocked
- News Entirely internal: India expresses reservation as EU lawmakers move Anti-CAA resolutions
- Movies Varane Avashyamund: The Official Teaser Wins The Hearts Of Netizens!
- Automobiles Fiat Stops Production Of 1.3-Litre Multijet Engine: The End Of The Road For India’s Favourite Diesel
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
At the 2006 Kennedy Center Honors, first lady Laura Bush found herself in an awkward position when she showed up at the event in the same red Oscar de la Renta gown worn by three other women there.
According to fashion industry guru Cynthia O'Connor, the problem is quite serious as high-end stores are stocking fewer gowns than usual this year, which might increase a woman's likelihood of appearing at an inaugural ball in the same outfit as somebody else.
But, at DressRegistry.com, you can "register" your dress by event (Democracy Ball, Patriot Ball, Hawaii Inauguration Ball, etc.) and thus leaving no chance to see "your identical twin" at the event. In a few quick steps you can make sure that the dress you want to wear is the only one registered. Thats not all, by logging in, you can also get an idea of the style of dress each ball demands.
"Through our site, women can register their own inaugural gowns for free and review the types of gowns others will be wearing. The one thing they can't do is see who is wearing what. That would be cheating," The Washington Times quoted Andrew Jones, DressRegistry.com founder, as saying.
Christina Travers, a New York fashion designer behind her own label, Grace, has suggested a rather costly solution to avoid Mrs. Bush's "red dress incident"— custom-design gowns for the inauguration.
"I knew there was a need. This is an experience I know firsthand. There are going be quite a number of events, and women are looking for special things to mark the occasion, so as you can imagine the response has been quite strong," said Ms. Travers.
On December 10, 2008, Washington DC-based event planning company, Event Emissary announced that it is hosting the first eco-friendly Presidential Inaugural celebration. The Green Ball will kick-off the Inaugural on January 17, 2009 at the Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium on Constitution Avenue in Washington, DC. So, get ready to witness one of the prime events in history - in style. AGENCIES