- 6 hrs ago This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- 6 hrs ago Man Eats 'Banana Art' Worth USD 120,000, Says He Isn't Sorry!
- 7 hrs ago This Company Will Allow Their LGBTQ+ Employees To Avail HR Benefits On Declaring Their Partner
- 8 hrs ago Penile Allergy: Causes, Home Remedies And Prevention
- Sports Salzburg 0-2 Liverpool: Keita and Salah see Reds through in thrilling clash
- Movies Shahid Kapoor To Commence Shoot Of ‘Jersey’ On December 13 Despite Being Severely Ill
- News Senior Shiv Sena leader hints at patch-up with BJP, says 'Uddhav will take decision at right time'
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Technology RedmiBook 13 With Intel Core i5/i7 Announced For Around Rs. 43,500
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Of all the animals kept as pets, dogs are undoubtedly the most popular. And when you own a dog, you will not disagree with the fact that there is no other best friend than a pet dog. It is equal to a family member and gets due care from you.
In return, the dog too expresses its whole-hearted dedication to you and the members of your family.
When there is such a pet in the house its well-being is the most important thing that you must take care of. In order to keep the dog happy, joyful and healthy, you need to know about the best foods for your dog.
It is true that there are many ready-made mixes available today in the market that claim to be excellent for a dog’s health and growth. No doubt they are very good, but bringing about a variety to its diet is not a bad thing either.
In fact, there are many healthy foods for your dog that you can find in your very own kitchen. Not only are these natural and in their purest form, but also give you a kind of command over what you are feeding for your pet.
Let us keep the ready-made dog foods as occasional treats and bring about a lot more colour and variety in the dog bowl. Even your pet is going to love you for treating him to these delicacies.
Loaded with soluble fibre, oatmeal serves as an excellent source of energy. Also, dogs who are allergic to wheat can be given oatmeal as an alternative. But, be sure to always feed the oatmeal in a cooked form without any additives. This means no sugar, salt or any other kind of flavouring.
A milk product, but slightly different from it. This one is a good source of beneficial bacteria and contains a good amount of calcium and protein. In summers, frozen yogurt can be a good treat, but avoid flavouring it.
Chicken, in cooked form, serves as one of the best foods for your dog to be healthy. Not only does it contain a good amount of fibre, but also the goodness of calcium and protein.
Omega-3 fatty acids are not only good for humans but also for dogs. They are helpful in maintaining a good skin and coat quality of the dog. It can be added to the meals in a ground form that also provides some amount of fibre.
All living creatures need protein, and dogs are no exception to this. Salmon has a good amount of protein to make it to the list of healthy foods for your dog. Additionally, it is a fatty fish and contains the beneficial omega-3 fatty acids, which once again is good for the skin and coat.
This deep yellow-coloured vegetable is rich in vitamin A. It is also high in fibre, which helps keep the digestive tract running in a good order. Adding pumpkin to your dog's diet will not only provide him with vitamins, but will also keep his bowel movement healthy.
The power of green finds its way into the dog world as well. Many dogs like frozen green beans that contain vitamins K and C as well as magnesium. Green beans also help in bringing about a feeling of fullness and thereby help in controlling weight.
A complete meal in itself, this is what an egg is. It also contains a good amount of digestible protein, riboflavin and selenium. But make sure to always feed well-cooked eggs, as the white can cause trouble for your dog.
These are some of the best foods for your dog to be healthy, apart from the packaged food. Apart from these, there are many more vegetables that can be included in the list. When planning to introduce something new, it is always best to consult a veterinary doctor and get a specialized advice.