- 3 hrs ago Actress Kriti Sanon Is A Dream In Pink Ethnic Wear - See Pics!
- 5 hrs ago Monkeypox In Children: Symptoms To Watch Out For And More Details
- 8 hrs ago Monkeypox Vs Coronavirus: How The Two Infections Differ From Each Other
- 10 hrs ago Jagannath Rath Yatra 2022: Greetings, Wishes, Quotes, SMS, Messages, And Images
- News Aryan Khan gets clean chit in drug case: Here is the timeline
- Sports IPL 2022: Riyan Parag drops a sitter to give Rajat Patidar a breather, netizens remind him of karma
- Finance Emkay Global Gives A Buy Call To This Maharatna Stock For A Potential Gain Of 27.3%
- Automobiles Top 10 Best Selling 6-seater/7-seater UVs In April 2022
- Movies MIFF 2022: 102 Documentary, Short Fiction And Animation Films Competing For Golden Conch & Silver Conch Awards
- Education UPSC Prelims Exam On June 5, Important Topics To Be Revised Before CSE 2022
- Technology How To Mark Parking Spot In Google Maps
- Travel June 2022: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
Photo credit: Pinterest
Wall paint is a prime interior design element that catches the eye as soon as you enter a space. The right paint can elevate your wall's aesthetic appeal and put you in a good mood. This is because colours have a psychological impact on us. Colour tones can make us feel happy or dull based on their use. But, with the variety of paint options in the market, paint selection can be a daunting task. You must be puzzled with questions such as "Which is the trending wall paint colour" or "What is the right colour shade for your wall" and much more.
If these are your concerns, then below is a guide you can use to select the right paint for your home interiors.
- - Search the web for what is the trending wall paint.
- - Ask your peers about the wall colour palettes of their homes.
- - You can get many ideas on Pinterest about colour combinations.
- - You can create a folder or moodboard of all the wall paint shades you like.
- - While selecting colours, make sure that it matches the interior design theme/ concept of the house.
- - Many paint companies provide consultation to help you decide the colour scheme for your walls.
- - Finalise a list of colours that suit your personality and resonate with your family.
Once you have a bank of colours that you like, order samples on-site and start testing them. Mark and paint a small portion of the wall surface for sampling and wait until it dries. You can understand the sheen of the paint and take your call on the amount of gloss or matte finish you seek. This is necessary because there is always a difference between the actual colour shades and the ones you see on screen. This might seem like some extra work, but it will save you ample time and money in the long run.
Be Consistent With The Colour
Every room in your home might have a different character, but all of them shouldn't be painted differently. The idea here is to have uniformity in the colour scheme while experimenting with a shade or two. You can follow the three paint colour rule which suggests that you stick to three colours throughout the house. Of these, one can be a primary wall colour, the second can be an accent colour and the third can be the secondary colour to break the monotony. A pro tip here is to follow the colour wheel and pick colours that are next to each other.
Consider The Cost
The most important factor for paint selection is the cost. The cost should meet your set budget for painting. You can use online paint quantifiers to get a rough estimate of how much paint you would need. This quantity can be multiplied by the price of painting per square foot to have a tentative figure. Once you know the amount, you can try various paint combinations to best suit your pocket.
Paint selection should be done with utmost precision. It makes your home look well put together. Let us know how these paint selection ideas are working for you.
- decor5 Things To Keep In Mind While Designing Your Kids' Bedroom
- decorShark Tank India Judge Vineeta Singh's Opulent Home In Mumbai
- decorEid Mubarak: 5 Home Decor Ideas for Eid Al-Fitr 2022
- improvement6 Ways to Make Your Apartment Feel Airy During Summers
- improvement5 Expert Tips To Keep The House Cool In The Scorching Summer
- decorSummer Home Decor: 5 Expert Tips To Style Your Home For The Season
- decorHappy Ugadi: 7 Expert Home Decor Ideas For Celebrating Ugadi Festival
- decorBeautiful Home Of Newly-Weds Aditya Seal And Anushka Ranjan
- decorHappy Gudi Padwa! Decorate Your Home For The Maharashtrian New Year With These Ideas
- decorInside Hrithik Roshan's Home In Mumbai: Know About The Maritime-Inspired Interiors [PICS]
- decor5 Expert Decor Ideas For A Small Apartment Balcony
- decorPantone Colour Of The Year 2022 Very Peri - 7 Interesting Ways To Incorporate It In Your Home