- 38 min ago Viral Video Of Pigeons Wearing Hats In Las Vegas Got Twitterati Explode With Reactions
- 1 hr ago Scientists Develop Carbon Dioxide Eating Bacteria, A New Hope For Climate Emergency?
- 3 hrs ago Here Is How You Can Recreate Priyanka Chopra’s Glam And Bold Make-up Look
- 3 hrs ago Indian-Origin Scientist Finds A Way To Fix Leaky Gut By Dead Probiotics
- Movies Alia Bhatt Beats Deepika Padukone, Named The Sexiest Asian Woman Of 2019
- Technology Xiaomi Launches Gigabee Smart Walkie-Talkie: Price And Features
- Sports Is Rishabh Pant dating Urvashi Rautela? India cricketer goes out with Bollywood actress for late-night dinner in Mumbai
- News CAB Protests: Mobile internet, messaging services withdrawn in Meghalaya
- Automobiles Maserati Levante, Ghibli & Quattroporte Launched With V6 Petrol Engines
- Finance Retail Inflation Spikes In November To 5.54% On Costly Food Items
- Travel 10 Beaches To Enjoy A Sunny Christmas With Your Family!
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Gone are the days when people used steel and aluminium containers to store their food for a long period of time.
These days, people have become quite modern and the use of plastic containers have become common. Since plastic containers are dish-washer and microwave friendly, people have begun to use this item more when compared to the rest.
According to experts, there is no harm in using plastic containers. However, it is harmful when you use it for a long duration and when the colour of the plastic begins to fade.
This is the first indication for you to discard the plastic and opt for a new one. On the other hand, if the plastic food container begins to smell uncanny, you should immediately replace it with a new one.
But, more than discarding the containers, looking after them is highly important. One should be aware of how to look after plastic food containers, so that they have a longer durability.
So, what are you waiting for? Take a look at how you can clean your fancy-looking plastic food containers.
Plastic Smell: To get rid of the plastic smell, follow these two simple home remedies. In a bucket full of warm water, add three tablespoons of baking soda. Immerse the plastic container in the bucket containing the baking soda water.
Allow the container to soak in this solution for about half an hour. Remove and rinse it well. If the smell still persists, try out this next remedy.
To a bucket of warm water, add lemon juice and one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Now, allow the plastic containers to soak in this solution. After 10 minutes remove the containers and wipe them dry.
Fight Those Nasty Stains: The best ingredient to remove stains from plastic containers is liquid chlorine bleach. Soak the stained container in the bleach for about 30 minutes.
When done, remove the container and rinse it well with hot and soapy water. Don't forget to wipe the container dry. If the stain still persists, add more of bleach to the container to remove the stain.
Tip To Look After Plastic: To minimise staining of the plastic containers, it is best to avoid storing food in it for a long time.
You should also check whether the containers are microwave-safe before heating them. If they aren't, the plastic will degrade in the microwave and will become more likely to stain and retain odours.