- 7 hrs ago Akshaya Patra Starts COVID-19 Relief Feeding Centre In Bengaluru, Home Minister of Karnataka Launches the Prog
- 11 hrs ago Eid ul-Fitr: Sania Mirza Flaunts A Dark Green Suit, Gives Us A Twinning Moment With Her Son; Pictures Inside!
- 12 hrs ago Dare To Copy: Kartik Aaryan Flaunts Stylish Long Hair As He Sends Out Eid Wishes To Fans On Instagram
- 16 hrs ago Happy Birthday Madhuri Dixit: 5 Beautiful Ensembles Of The Diva To Keep You Ethnically-Inspired For Weddings
- Sports Juventus 3-2 Inter: Cuadrado scores twice as Bianconeri keep top-four hopes alive
- News Covid-19 vaccine: India to have 51.6 crore doses by July, says Harsh Vardhan
- Finance This Third QSR Entity Files For Rs. 1400 Crore IPO
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 To Have Only 12 Episodes?
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Automobiles Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- Technology Oppo Find X3 Pro Mars Exploration Edition With 65W Charging Launched: Coming To India?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Gone are the days when people used steel and aluminium containers to store their food for a long period of time.
These days, people have become quite modern and the use of plastic containers have become common. Since plastic containers are dish-washer and microwave friendly, people have begun to use this item more when compared to the rest.
According to experts, there is no harm in using plastic containers. However, it is harmful when you use it for a long duration and when the colour of the plastic begins to fade.
This is the first indication for you to discard the plastic and opt for a new one. On the other hand, if the plastic food container begins to smell uncanny, you should immediately replace it with a new one.
But, more than discarding the containers, looking after them is highly important. One should be aware of how to look after plastic food containers, so that they have a longer durability.
So, what are you waiting for? Take a look at how you can clean your fancy-looking plastic food containers.
Plastic Smell: To get rid of the plastic smell, follow these two simple home remedies. In a bucket full of warm water, add three tablespoons of baking soda. Immerse the plastic container in the bucket containing the baking soda water.
Allow the container to soak in this solution for about half an hour. Remove and rinse it well. If the smell still persists, try out this next remedy.
To a bucket of warm water, add lemon juice and one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Now, allow the plastic containers to soak in this solution. After 10 minutes remove the containers and wipe them dry.
Fight Those Nasty Stains: The best ingredient to remove stains from plastic containers is liquid chlorine bleach. Soak the stained container in the bleach for about 30 minutes.
When done, remove the container and rinse it well with hot and soapy water. Don't forget to wipe the container dry. If the stain still persists, add more of bleach to the container to remove the stain.
Tip To Look After Plastic: To minimise staining of the plastic containers, it is best to avoid storing food in it for a long time.
You should also check whether the containers are microwave-safe before heating them. If they aren't, the plastic will degrade in the microwave and will become more likely to stain and retain odours.