- 1 hr ago On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- 4 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 16 May To 22 May
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 16 May 2021
- 17 hrs ago Akshaya Patra Starts COVID-19 Relief Feeding Centre In Bengaluru, Home Minister of Karnataka Launches the Prog
- News BJP leader performs havan to ward off COVID-19
- Movies Amazon India Launches MiniTV – A Free Video Streaming Service
- Sports As IPL put on hold young Jharkhand batsmen Saurabh, Virat support PPL in steel city
- Technology Looking For COVID-19 Vaccine Slot? These CoWIN Tips Might Be Useful
- Finance Post Office Vs Bank Deposits: Why Post Office Is Better Choice?
- Automobiles Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Believe it or not, pesticides are present in the fruits and vegetables that we consume on a day-to-day basis. Farmers use pesticides during the cultivation of crops and, in some cases, these dangerous pesticides remain as residues on the vegetables and fruits.
Though one cannot see the residue with a naked eye, it is said that a high consumption of these pesticides can be toxic for our health. When fruits and vegetables are consumed without being washed properly, you are providing your body with more than a handful of pesticides.
These pesticides can cause cancer, damage to the nervous and reproductive systems, birth defects and, in severe cases, they can also disrupt the entire immune system.
Therefore, whenever you purchase vegetables and fruits, it is best to be extremely careful of where you buy it from. On the other hand, it is also suggested that you switch to organic fruits and vegetables, as they contain no pesticides.
So, let's take a look at some of the easy tips to clean vegetables and fruits naturally with the help of certain powerful home ingredients available in our kitchen cabinets. These home improvement tips, if followed, can make you feel healthier, and thereby increase your lifespan as well keeping diseases at bay.
Vinegar is one of the most powerful ingredients that helps to kill germs and pesticides from your veggies and fruits. Fill a sink with water, add one cup of white vinegar to the sink. Now, rinse the vegetables and fruits in this solution and, when done, place them in a clean bowl that is ready to be consumed.
With Baking Soda
Baking soda helps to remove the pesticide residues from vegetables and fruits in an effective manner. Add 5 glasses of water to a big bowl. Now add 4 tablespoons of baking soda. Soak the veggies and fruits in this solution, and, after 15 minutes, remove the foods and wipe them dry. It is now safe to consume your healthy foods.
With Turmeric Water
Turmeric is one spice that has antibacterial properties and can kill germs. To a bowl of boiling water, add 5 teaspoons of turmeric powder. Now, add in the vegetables and fruits to the turmeric water. Rinse them in the solution and then transfer the foods to another bowl of clean water. This is one of the best tips to clean vegetables and fruits naturally.
Rock salt or powdered salt helps to kill the pesticides in a quick manner. In a bowl of crystal clean water, add one cup of salt. Now, add in the fruits and vegetables to the salt solution. Allow them to soak in water for 10 minutes. After the time period, drain out the salt water and add fresh water to the bowl. Rinse the fruits and veggies in clean water for 5 times before consuming them.
Best To Peel The Skin
To clean vegetables and fruits naturally at home, these tips mentioned above will remove almost 90 percent of the pesticidal residues. However, to be on a safer side, it is always best to peel the skin out from fruits and vegetables that have deep crevices on the skin. This method is known to be more healthier.