- 14 min ago Katrina Kaif's Holiday Style Is So Fuss-Free That You Would Want To Copy Her
- 23 min ago Effects Of Sleep Deprivation On Your Beauty
- 2 hrs ago Bhavna Tokekar: 47-Year-Old And Mother Of Two Wins 4 Golds In Powerlifting
- 2 hrs ago Hima Das Is On A Winning Streak: Secures Fourth Gold In A Fortnight
- Sports MS Dhoni retirement: This is what Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir have to say
- Technology Black Shark 2 Pro Launch Event Set on July 30: Expected To Have Snapdragon 855 SoC
- Movies 'Would Nagarjuna Be Silent If Such A Thing Happens To Samantha Akkineni Or Amala'
- News J&K: PSO of Mehbooba Mufti's cousin shot dead, hunt on nab terrorists
- Automobiles Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- Finance Reliance Jio Now Has More Subscribers Than Airtel
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Mosquitoes are vectors for a lot of serious diseases. They transmit viruses through infected blood. The vector-borne illnesses carried by mosquitoes are malaria, dengue and the deadly yellow fever. In order to avoid these deadly diseases, people opt for off-the-shelf pesticides and mosquito repellents which claim to take care of the menace. However, these are mostly chemically based ones and can cause a lot of harmful side effects to your lungs.
Therefore, it is always advisable to use natural mosquito repellents at home. Here are some of the ways to make natural mosquito repellents at home. These repellents do not have any side effects unlike the chemically based ones.
Note: To make these repellents, you will need a used plastic bottle and old newspapers to cover the bottle. To begin with, cut the bottle into half. After you have poured the natural mosquito repellent solution in the lower part of the bottle, place the other half into the first part with its mouth down. Once done, wrap the bottle with a newspaper and store it in a dark place to attract the mosquitoes.
Here are the 5 Natural Mosquito Repellent To Make At Home:
- Lavender essential oil smells great and is a commonly used and effective mosquito repellent. This is one of the five natural mosquito repellents to make at home. Make a solution of lavender oil and bleaching powder. Pour the solution into the bottle and add a pinch of yeast to create an aroma for the mosquitoes.
- Pour half a cup of warm water into the bottle. Add sugar to the warm water. When the mixture is cool, add yeast in the bottle. Now, place the other half of the bottle into it with its mouth down. Wrap it up in newspaper or old cloth and store it in a mosquito prone area.
- Black pepper powder and neem oil are added to warm water in the bottle. Add yeast when cold and cover it with newspaper. This is one of the most effective natural mosquito repellents to make at home.
- The other natural mosquito repellent to make at home is with the help of a lotus. The water lotus also helps kill mosquito larvae and is an effective mosquito repellent to use at home.
- Mix one portion of eucalyptus oil to half a glass of water. Dilute these ingredients well and transfer the liquid to a spray bottle. You can use this natural mosquito repellent to ward off these deadly insects.