- 3 hrs ago Retrograde Saturn Transit In Capricorn On 12 July 2022: Impact On Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 29 June 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 10 hrs ago Roe v. Wade Overturned: Why Is It Significant; Indian Laws On Abortion
- 13 hrs ago Ashadha Amavasya 2022: Date, Time, Vrat Vidhi, How To Eradicate Pitrudosh, And Remedies
- News Udaipur beheading a clear case of terror and another attempt to silence the Hindus
- Technology Cannot Wait For Nothing Phone 1? Get Moto Edge 30
- Movies Kamal Haasan Sets Internet On Fire With His Push-Ups Video From Vikram Location, See Post
- Finance India's Direct Selling Industry Ranks 12th Globally, Surpasses Retail Sales Of US $3.25bn
- Sports Wimbledon 2022: Nick Kyrgios bemoans 'pure disrespect' after first-round win
- Automobiles 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N Accessories - Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- Education PSEB 12th Result 2022 Declared At pseb.ac.in, Download Punjab Board Class 12 Result Here
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
Whether you have a kitchen garden at the backyard of your house, or have a terrace garden to grow vegetables, you should have plants that are seasonal. Are you growing a summer garden?
Then, you should choose summer vegetables that can be grown from late spring to summer season in your kitchen gardens. These vegetables require long, warm days with a warm temperature.
Growing something on your own can give you a great feeling from within. Those who are passionate about gardening, often choose to grow vegetables during the summer time, as it is known to be the best season to be growing a lot of veggies.
Today, you will get to know about the 8 common summer vegetables that you can grow in your kitchen garden. Read on to know more.
This vegetable tastes great when added in salads and various other side dishes. It adds crunchiness to your dishes. The best time to get the best yield of beans is from June to July. If you have a small space, plant bean seeds vertically in a row, so that you get a good amount of space for the other vegetables.
You can consider it both as a vegetable or fruit. To grow cucumbers, you will need a warm weather. In tropical countries, this type of weather is available at summer.
Grow cucumbers at your backyard and the vine will also make your yard look beautiful. To enhance its production, you should pick the old ones.
Usually, tomatoes are vegetables of late spring. They attract insects, hence you must use some good-quality insecticides. You can plant tomatoes with several other herbs like sweet basil, as the aroma will work like an insecticide.
Eggplants are of the same family of tomatoes and as both of these veggies attract similar pests, you should never plant these two close to each other. That would be a feast to the pests! June-July is the best time to grow eggplants, as it needs warm and fog-less days.
To grow peppers, the three most important criteria are - bright sunny days, consistent moisture and well-drained soil.
Once you see flowers in the plant, start using organic fertilizers. The more sunny days the plant gets, the more it produces spicy and hot peppers.
Though there are several varieties of mushrooms available around the world, there are two types of mushrooms that grow in summer - porcinis and chanterelles. Mushrooms are full of nutrition and you can have it in a variety of ways.
7. Summer Squash
Transplanting squash will not be a good idea. You should sow it directly into the bed as soon as the winter is gone. Well-drained and nutrition-rich soil is very important for the best growth of summer squash.
8. Sweet Corn:
This is another nutritious vegetable that grows in summer. Summer breeze is very much essential for the pollination of sweet corn. This vegetable can also be used in a variety of dishes and you can have it just boiled.
These are certain vegetables that you can grow at your kitchen garden during summer. Apart from these, you can also grow watermelon, muskmelon, etc., during summer.
- hair care5 Hair Care Habits You Need To Stop This Summer And What To Do Instead
- wellnessHeat Wave In India: Can Summer Heat Negatively Impact Mental Health?
- gardeningRoses, Bougainvillea, Hibiscus - 5 Best Flowering Plants For Summer Home Décor
- recipesMango Dessert Recipe For Ramadan: How To Prepare Mango Panna Cotta
- skin careNatural Skincare For Summer: 7 Home Remedies To Get Healthy-Glowing Skin
- wellness13 Expert Tips For Beating The Heat Wave (Without An AC); How To Make DIY AC
- gardening7 Humidity Absorbing Indoor Plants To Beat the Summer Heat
- wellnessBenefits Of Drinking Khus Sharbat In Summers: How To Make It?
- nutritionDo Mango Peels Have Health Benefits?
- improvement6 Ways to Make Your Apartment Feel Airy During Summers
- recipesBest Soup For Summer: How To Prepare Sweet And Savory Watermelon Gazpacho
- kidsHealthy Summer Foods For Kids, To Keep 'Em Healthy And Hydrated (Over 4 Years Old)