- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 18 September 2019
- 13 hrs ago Vidya Balan's Shakuntala Devi Poster Look Is About Red Floral Sari And A Bob Hairdo
- 13 hrs ago Skincare Routine Step 4: Essence - What Is It And How To Use It
- 14 hrs ago World Patient Safety Day 2019: Significance And How Hospitals Ensure Patient Safety
- News Major changes announced in IBPS RRB PO Clerk Main exam pattern 2019
- Technology Vivo Triple Rear Camera Smartphones To Buy In India
- Sports Napoli 2-0 Liverpool: Mertens and Llorente down Champions League holders
- Movies Street Dancer 3D: Nora Fatehi Says Varun Dhawan & Shraddha Kapoor Took Her Under Their Wings
- Automobiles Renault Kwid Facelift Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
As the summers approach, so do the days of longer sunshine and perennial colourful blooms. The vibrant summer flowers can make a wonderfully exciting garden where ever you want.
In the hot days of the summer, it is these vibrant hues that make bearing the heat a little bit easier. Such beautiful flowers in your house or office will make your days brighter and bring life to the most tired and shady corners of the building.
Also Read: Time To Protect Your Garden This Summer
Just a few plants of summer flowers will create a spectacular view in your garden.
A garden may flaunt different varieties of non-flowering plants with beautiful leaves and shapes or berries with striking colours, but what is desired by all under any circumstances is flowers; and the beauty of a bunch of summer flowers is absolutely breathtaking.
There are so many different types of flowers to plant in summer that you can have a wide range of colours to display, when they ultimately bloom.
However, it is not easy to maintain a well-designed and flourishing garden. It requires a lot of your time and efforts, as these plants are to be planted before the heat strikes and need a constant care, but believe me, it will be all worth it in the end.
So, here is a list of the various types of flowers to plant in the summer, take a look.
Also Read: 8 Best Veggies To Grow In Summer
1. Oxalis: Perfect for indoor and outdoor planting, the Oxalis bulbs begin to flower in 8 to 10 weeks only. The soil needs to be extremely well drained and a good amount of light is required for a brilliant bloom.
2. Oriental Lily: Lily comes in a number of varieties; but Oriental Lilies are most loved for their bright and beautiful colours and mesmerising scent. They need moist but well-drained soil and a lot of sunlight as well to grow. They can grow from 1 ft to 6 ft in length, depending on the variety.
3. Calla: These come in numerous colours like white, pink, yellow, orange, red and burgundy. Growing a foot tall, the bulbs of Calla need ample sunlight and moist soil to grow.
4. Gloriosa Daisy: The bright yellow to orange flower, also known as black-eyed susan, is a great plant that requires the least maintenance. With no soil preferences, it is very drought tolerant as well.
5. Coreopsis: These are plants with long-blooming and beautiful bright-yellow flowers. A full sun or partial shade will allow them to bloom beautifully; and they are not very particular about the soil though and, hence, are among the low-maintenance plants.
6. Asiatic Lilly: Flowering in mid-summer, these are the easiest ones to be grown in the Lily family. A great range of colour and the beautiful star-shape will make your garden stand out. They need a place with full sun and a well-drained, but moist, soil.
7. Zinnia: Another among the easiest flowers to grow, Zinnia comes in a wide range of vibrant colours. They need a place with full sun and well-drained soil to grow. The exciting colours easily attract beautiful birds and butterflies to make the view more beautiful.
8. Lavender: The plant of this beautiful purple flower with a divine fragrance is extremely drought, heat and wind tolerant. However, it does require a non-humid atmosphere and a well-drained soil.