- 31 min ago Daily Horoscope 11 December 2019
- 9 hrs ago This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- 9 hrs ago Man Eats 'Banana Art' Worth USD 120,000, Says He Isn't Sorry!
- 11 hrs ago This Company Will Allow Their LGBTQ+ Employees To Avail HR Benefits On Declaring Their Partner
- Technology Amazon Headsets Fest Offers You Can Get On Headphones, Earphones, Truly Wireless Earbuds And More
- Sports Salzburg 0-2 Liverpool: Keita and Salah see Reds through in thrilling clash
- Movies Shahid Kapoor To Commence Shoot Of ‘Jersey’ On December 13 Despite Being Severely Ill
- News Senior Shiv Sena leader hints at patch-up with BJP, says 'Uddhav will take decision at right time'
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
It is the season of spring or basant in India and how about getting this time of the year started with wonderful indoor gardening? After the coldest months, let’s bring some fresh greenery into our beautiful homes. There are umpteen interesting ideas for decorating your home with plants and flowers. Garden plants can totally change the look of your abode. They can bring colour, vitality and positivity to your room. With some creativity and planning, it isn’t impossible to produce large quantities of vegetables and flowers in your own home all year around. Interestingly with some useful indoor gardening ideas you can add elegance and freshness within the comfort of your apartment. Here are some helpful indoor gardening tips that can beautify your space.
You can perk up your indoor space with eye catching terrarium. You can even try a low patience plant for terrarium. It is better to stick to mini plants than opting for a bushy lavender plant. Make sure to choose a plant that doesn't outgrow the container. Terrariums are easier to grow and they come in different sizes. Some of the classic plants for terrarium include ferns, mosses, succulents, and cacti.
Re-using of old things isn't something new these days. One of the best environmental solutions is creative recycling of shoes or ski boots with house plants or flowers. You can place small house plants or tiny bonsai plants in your sneakers.
The other indoor gardening ideas are that you can make use of is your windowsill as this is the ideal place for growing herbs. If you are looking for ways to create a vintage look, then try out tea caddies as planters.
If you are living in a gardenless apartment, then make sure to cultivate edibles in your balcony or patio. Try to choose plants that are nourishing and beautiful if you are looking for ways to maximise your limited space. Try large containers that are two feet long so as to grow herbs like basil, chives oregano, and rosemary.
If you want to make a portable garden, try planting mint, lavender, and pineapple sage in wooden wine crates or any other container that has adequate drainage.
How to make your indoor plants better and creative? You can plant basil in tea cups and they can be kept in your kitchen. These are some interesting indoor gardening ideas. You can be experimental with your ideas and try to grow a range of crops using tea cups.
Clothespin planter is easy and inexpensive to make. It is also perfect to display cactus or small succulents. This decor idea is simple and easier to make at home using cans and clothespin.
Terracotta pots are the best option for indoor gardening ideas. Painted terracotta pots can add bright colour to your interiors. Try terracotta pots with simple leafed plants and line them up like soldiers in your balcony.
Wicker Basket Pots
Most of them choose to grow house plants in plastic pots as they are convenient to maintain. However now there are decorative flower pots and containers to disguise. You can try wicker basket pots.
Amaryllis blooms are undoubtedly noticeable from everywhere in your room. These blooms are dazzling to look at and they reach a width of 8 to 10 inches. They can be planted in flower pots.
From the floor to the ceiling you can try placing succulent on shelves and try to intersperse them with interesting decor ideas like colourful vases or sculptures.
Passion flower are exotic looking topical plants. Some passion plants are vines while some produce fruits. You can place them in shallow terracotta pots and try topping them with upside down vintage egg basket.
Another indoor gardening idea is that you can make a mini garden at home with a topless table. It is important that they are placed somewhere closer to the sunny window.
Beautiful hanging planters are visually appealing. You can purchase large glass globes and try filling it up with air plants (Tillandsia species are epiphytes or air plants).
Elegant orchids are ideal for indoor gardening as they require only little maintenance. However they need daily attention such as watering every week.