- 1 min ago 10 Awesome Health Benefits Of Cocoa Powder You Never Knew
- 47 min ago Can Chia Seeds Help Reduce Belly Fat?
- 53 min ago Umang 2020: Kriti Sanon, Shraddha Kapoor, And Other Actresses In Stunning Lehengas
- 1 hr ago 8 Things You Can Say To Your Partner And Make Them Feel Guilty For Cheating On You
- Movies ‘Shabana Azmi Is Sedated, But Is Coherent And Talking Normally,’ Says Boney Kapoor
- Automobiles Hero Electric Flash Scooter Limited Period Discounts: Benefits And Offers Up To Rs 10,500
- News Veteran Cong leader Shamsher Surjewala passes away at 87
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5G Leaked Images Reiterates 108MP Vertical Quad-Rear Cameras
- Sports ICC U19 World Cup 2020: Team India's Full Schedule, Venue, Timings at U19 World Cup in South Africa
- Finance 8 Good and Safe Best Demat Accounts to Open
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Haryana In 2020
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
Winter is the season for flowers, vegetables and fruits. Flowers are in full bloom during this season. Dahlia is one of the most popular flowers grown in India during winter. But you must know how to grow dahlias at home properly. You can easily grow dahlias in pots. Before planting them in your garden, do a detailed study of this beautiful flower and the conditions that are favourable for its growth.
Do you know how to plant dahlias in the garden? Boldsky presents to you a few tips to keep in mind before adding dahlias to your garden. You must know when to plant dahlias because they are a very sensitive plant.
Cold climate:Dahlias are grown best during winters. That is when the flower blooms to the fullest and appears healthy and beautiful. But they also need a good amount of sunlight. Dahlias struggle in extreme cold.
Soil and water: Dahlias are not fussy, so you can plant them anywhere in your garden with a little care. Dahlias grow well in watery soils. But water-clogged soil is not too great for dahlias. Rainy seasons are a boon to plants. But dahlias need extra care if it's raining, as the water must not sit in just one area!
Watering: You can grow dahlias in pots. But do not water your dahlias until they have sprouted. You can use soaker hoses to water your dahlias. Apart from that, just like any other plant, you need to water dahlias at least once or twice in a week after it has bloomed.
Sunlight: Are you wondering how to plant dahlias in your garden? If you do, then make sure that your dahlia gets sunlight in abundance, that is, at least for 6-7 hours daily. Morning sunlight is the best for dahlias.
Fertilisers: Dahlias require fertilisers that are low in nitrogen content. Make sure that you do not put too many fertilisers or compost to your dahlias. They will not bloom. This is one of the important steps that you need to know when you think on how to grow the dahlia.
Support: Dahlia blooms are quite heavy. So make sure there is a support system to hold them. Ensure that your dahlia grows upright and does not fall off after it is bloomed. You definitely do not want to see your dahlia go off after you grow it with care and attention. If you do not know how to plant dahlias in your garden, keep a gardener for it. It will be worth it.