- 47 min ago Princess Diana’s 10 Most Iconic Fashion Moments Of All Time
- 53 min ago It's Raining Discounts! Upto 70% Off On Exclusive Cookware Items From Premium Brands
- 2 hrs ago Samantha Ruth Prabhu Fitness: 6 Quick Tips You Need To Learn From The Pan-India Star
- 2 hrs ago Its Play Time! Get Upto 70% Off On Toys On Amazon That Are Educational And Fun
- Finance Axis, ICICI & HDFC Fixed Deposits FD Interest Rates Comparison, Post RBI Repo Rate Hike
- News Gallantry Award winners of Indian Navy felicitated by Governor of Maharashtra
- Sports Grand Prix Badminton League: Bandipur Tuskers hold edge over Mandya Bulls in opener: All you need to know
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Naagin 6 Tops The Chart; Anupamaa & Woh Toh Hai Albelaa Witness Drop
- Technology Moto S30 Pro With Snapdragon 888+ SoC Announced; Starts At Around Rs. 26,000
- Travel The Breadknife: Australia's Prime Attraction
- Education BHMCT-CET 2022 Hall Ticket is Out, Download your BHMCT-CET Admit Card 2022 from here!
- Automobiles Tata Punch Reaches 1 Lakh Sales Milestone - New Benchmark Set
Touted as the “most beautiful building in the world,” the Museum of the Future received a gala opening Dubai on February 23, heralding the arrival of another much-awaited landmark in the UAE that has been nine years in the making. A sprawling seven-storeyed circular building standing at 77 meters, spread across 30,000 square meters, this imposing structure is situated just a stone’s throw away from the world's tallest construction, the Burj Khalifa, another iconic structure that has been an intrinsic part of Dubai’s skyline.
The Museum of the Future is the latest addition to Dubai's bold architectural endeavours with futuristic designs. The Museum is a permanent exhibition of inspiring visions for the future of humanity and a global centre for inspiration, innovation and the development of solutions to challenges and opportunities in human development, according to a press release.
“The Museum of the Future is a 'living museum’, constantly adapting and metamorphosing as its very environment drives continual and iterative change to its exhibits and attractions,” said Mohammed Al Gergawi, UAE Minister for Cabinet Affairs and Chairman of the Dubai Future Foundation said during a glitzy opening ceremony on Tuesday.
Designed by architect Shaun Killa of Killa Design, the building was conceived as an architectural and cultural icon, and is a remarkable feat of computer-aided design and engineering.
How The Building Was Designed
Made of stainless steel, consisting of 1,024 pieces of art manufactured using robots uniquely able to create the demanding shapes, the façade alone was constructed over a period of 18 months, and comprises a complex assembly of four-layer composite material panels each requiring over 16 process steps, it said.
It is illuminated by 14,000 meters of light lines, tracing Arabic calligraphy representing three quotes on the future by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
The 1,024 panels were selected to represent a kilobyte, or 1,024 characters, the press release stated. The museum is fed with 4,000 megawatt-hours per year of solar power generated by a dedicated solar park and meets the highest global standards of sustainability.
The Museum contains a series of experiential displays for the general public to visit and be inspired by different aspects of future thinking. At the core of the museum is its multi-use hall, which can accommodate more than 1,000 people, and a special hall for interactive lectures and workshops that can accommodate more than 345 people, it added.
- decorInside Hrithik Roshan's Home In Mumbai: Know About The Maritime-Inspired Interiors [PICS]
- decor5 Interior Design Trends Of 2022 That You Should Know About
- art cultureCentre Pompidou And Millennium Dome Architect Richard Rogers Passes Away At 88: Tribute
- art cultureTribute: German Architect Gottfried Böhm Passes Away At 101; A Look At His Work
- pulseAmazing Houses That Are Hidden From The World
- lifeCool Office Buildings In India!
- insyncHollywood Star Brad Pitt's Stress Buster: Architecture
- insyncBarbra Streisand's Architecture Book
- decorEco-Friendly Homes, Easy To Built
- improvementThe Book-Shaped House
- insyncMughal Gardens Open For Public
- pulseIndia's Biggest Mall To Come Up In Kochi