- 1 hr ago Priyanka Chopra In Backless Black Dress Looked Like A Glam Diva; Gave Chic Fashion Goals
- 1 hr ago Durga Puja 2022: Navapatrika Puja Date, Time, Significance, And Symbolism of Nine Plants
- 8 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 24 September 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 18 hrs ago Salman Khan’s Suit Looks From Bigg Boss Are Dapper And Debonair! We Pick The Best Ones
- News Why is there not much impact of the ban on single-use plastic
- Technology Garena Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for September 24: How to Get Weapon Loot Crates for Free
- Finance Nestle Planning To Invest Rs. 5,000 Crore In India By 2025
- Movies Ponniyin Selvan To Have An Impact On Chiranjeevi's Godfather And Nagarjuna's Ghost At The Telugu BO?
- Sports WWE Friday Night Smackdown results, recap and highlights: September 23, 2022
- Automobiles Tata Nexon EV Max Becomes First Electric Car To Reach Umling La - The World’s Highest Motorable Road
- Travel Shanghai: Mainland China At Its Best
- Education Complete counselling schedule for Gujarat NEET PG 2022 Out: Check Details
Whether you are an avid reader or like to flip pages on a lazy Sunday afternoon, having a cozy reading nook at your home is an added advantage. Sure, enjoying your favorite romantic novel under the covers or on the couch seems nice sometimes, but owning a dedicated reading zone reads THOUGHTFUL in bold letters.
For those blessed with huge space, creating a reading nook will be a relatively easy task but that doesn't mean one can't achieve a reading corner in small spaces. In fact, having a 'space crunch' will allow your inner decorator to try out different ways to create a reading nook.
Ready to carve a cozy, petite reading spot in your space? Here's the guide to creating the perfect reading nook:
Pick a Spot First
One of the most common spots for creating a reading nook is the Living room. You can also consider the bedroom or even a tiny balcony space to catch up on your favorite reads.
Look around your space. Gauge the size and accordingly decide where you can ideally place a set of books aesthetically. The idea is to make the reading zone appear cozy and not cramped up!
Go for a Comfy Seating
Once you have zeroed in on the reading spot, the next viable thing to consider is seating. From a luxurious, plush accent chair, swing to a pocket-friendly cane pouf; you can select from a wide range of seating solutions. Elevate the seating with a soft accent pillow and a lovely throw!
If you plan to create a reading nook by the window with inbuilt seating; you get to add a few more soft furnishings like a set of accent pillows and bolsters too.
Consider the Style
If you follow any particular interior style in your home, ensure to extend the same to the reading nook as well. Suppose your home reads traditional, then go for a traditional style bookcase, chair, and other accents. Similarly, you are allowed to form an offbeat reading corner, if popular styles like bohemian or eclectic catch your fancy!
Choose the reading nook accents and accessories based on the interior style you follow. It will help create a harmonious look throughout your space.
Never Compromise on Light
To enjoy your favorite book, there has to be an ample amount of light present in the room or corner. Never read under poor light, as it may cause strain to your precious eyes. If possible, form a reading corner near the window or in a space where natural light streams in.
Invest in an attractive floor light or table lamp and place it beside the seating. You can pick the lamp based on the decor style you have opted for the read-zone. For instance, a sleek metal floor lamp looks perfect in a contemporary style reading corner.
You must also give a little thought to selecting the right bulb as well. Ideally, an LED bulb below 3000K is your best pick.
Style the Books
It is important to give much-deserved attention to the HERO of the reading nook. Yes, Books! These need to be visible and placed attractively. You could pick floating shelves or a sturdy bookcase to place your book collection, ensure to arrange the same based upon favorite authors, color, size, volumes, or your preference.
Change the position of books periodically for that little change. For instance, the books placed horizontally can take a vertical appearance and vice versa. Also, keep your frequent reads handy by placing them in such a way that you grab them immediately without having to search for them!
Make it Unique
Allow the reading nook to feature your thoughts and personality. Add something unique to the reading zone. It could be a photo frame, sculpture, or mini plants. Place the same besides books.
Elevate the wall with a beautiful wall painting or wall art. If you love doing DIY artwork, there is no better space than a reading nook to showcase your craft expertise!
Something for the Floor
You can mark the reading territory by adding a fantastic area rug or runner. Buy a rug long enough to accommodate the seating i.e. chair or love seat. A rug makes a thoughtful addition to create a reading zone that's visible to everyone.
Pick a rug that matches the reading corner style or aesthetics. For example, a Scandinavian Inspired reading nook can have a lovely textured rug!
- decorAmazon Great Indian Festival Sale On Storage And Cloth Organisers For Your Home: Get Up To 80% Off!
- decorNavratri 2022: 10 Best Festival Home Decor Ideas For The Auspicious Festival
- decorHome Aesthetics With Amazon: Fantastic Offers On 3D Wall Tiles, Wallpapers And More
- improvement5 Expert Tips For Compact Bedroom In Small Apartments
- offer of the dayAmazon Sale On Home Decor Accessories, Save Up To 75% On Wall Art And Paintings
- decor5 Best Guest Bedroom Styling Ideas for Your Home
- offer of the dayAmazon Monsoon Sale: Great Discounts On Furniture And Indoor Lighting, Get Up To 60% Off
- decor9 Budget-Friendly Home Decor Ideas
- gardeningTulsi, Money Plant, Bamboo: 6 Best Indoor Plants For The Home According To Vastu
- improvement6 Thoughtful Home Design And Renovation Ideas For Senior Citizens
- decor5 Things To Keep In Mind While Designing Your Kids' Bedroom
- decorShark Tank India Judge Vineeta Singh's Opulent Home In Mumbai