- 1 hr ago This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- 1 hr ago Man Eats 'Banana Art' Worth USD 120,000, Says He Isn't Sorry!
- 3 hrs ago This Company Will Allow Their LGBTQ+ Employees To Avail HR Benefits On Declaring Their Partner
- 3 hrs ago Penile Allergy: Causes, Home Remedies And Prevention
- News PM Modi’s tweet on Lok Sabha polls victory crowned ‘Golden Tweet’ of 2019
- Sports South Asian Games: Vikas Krishan & Pinki Rani win gold as India finish boxing campaign with 16 medals
- Technology RedmiBook 13 With Intel Core i5/i7 Announced For Around Rs. 43,500
- Movies Shahid Kapoor Reportedly Walks Out Of Awards Show After Organizers Break Promise On Award
- Finance Bank Of Baroda Lowers Lending Rate By 20bps
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
When you plan to create a home that is a reflection of who you are, much work is at hand.Whether you are trying to buy a new house or simply renovating your old one, knowing the different style and interior options would make it easier to design and build new structures for that extra appeal. This challenge can definitely be met and brilliantly so. Here are a few ideas that you didn't know about, which will surprise you.
'It's not how big the house is, it's how happy the home is.' Your home is something much more than just a place of shelter. Imagine walking into a house with 4 bare walls and a haphazard state.
I wouldn't want to live in it, would you? A house can be converted into a home with its occupants and a home into a living haven with the right design and techniques used that will make it more functional, cost effective, suit your style and personality and provide the relaxation and comfort that is required.
Take a look at these 7 design ideas that will help you make your home a perfect retreat and also add a "wow" factor to it.
Light It Up Your Way!
A correct blend of natural and artificial lighting plays an important role. Good lighting can be a mood enhancer as well as welcoming. Size of the windows and appropriate window dressings can control the amount of light that seeps in.
Sufficient lighting does take a lead when it comes to designing kitchens where you need functionality as well as comfort. You can play your way with the light fixtures as well to bring out a striking effect.
Storage For Your Knick Knacks
Adequate storage is a real necessity to dump your extra belongings when not needed. Try to artfully use up those little nooks and corners. A tidy and organized space will certainly give visually calm and serene vibes. Add some box or basket organizers, where required, for quick dumps.
Plan your spaces in a way that it suits your personal requirements as well as makes you experience a feeling of openness. Well-executed flow management and division of space add up to the characteristics of a perfect sanctuary. Nowadays, open space plans with open air and cross ventilation have become a popular trend. Even the tiniest of space can look unenclosed if planned properly.
Bring On Some Style
Choose a theme or style, a one that best describes your home atmosphere and your personality. Go minimalist, add a contemporary or traditional touch. You can mix and match accessories and furnishings to bring out the eclectic feel. Introduce some vintage patterns or a splash of colours, go about doing anything creative that would give the result of being a stress-buster at the end of a long day.
Go Cozy With Furnishings
Unwinding on a couch is what most of us do after a tiring day. Our furniture and furnishings should be an inviting sight for us as well as our guests; moreover, the functionality is what matters more. Selecting the perfect furniture for our rooms will contribute to the aesthetic appeal and increase one's comfort level.
Go Lively With The Greenery
Adding some greenery to your spaces can be enlivening. Place some pot plants in your living or dining area to reduce fatigue and stress, include an indoor garden or water feature or go tropical by adding large windows or French doors that open up to the natural landscape.
Personalize Your Space With Accessories
Last, but not the least, style up your shelves and adorn your walls with some antique ornaments, accessories, wall quotes or picture frames and collages. Undoubtedly, it will create a unique statement and add a sense of individuality to your home, transforming it into a calming haven.