- just now Flashback Friday: Decoding Smita Patil’s Fashion From The Movie Mirch Masala
- 1 hr ago 8 Fashion Lessons To Take From Kriti Sanon’s Instagram Feed To Elevate Your Style
- 5 hrs ago Kamada Ekadashi 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- 5 hrs ago Stay-At-Home Fashion Diaries: Hailey Bieber’s 3 Simple Looks That Can Give You Insta-Worthy Moments
- News COVID-19 Zydus Cadila gets emergency use approval for single dose of Virafin
- Sports IPL 2021: Best moment in life after my Test debut: Axar Patel
- Finance SBI Launches Video KYC Based Account Opening Feature, Details Inside
- Movies Udit Narayan Recalls His Conversation With Shravan Rathod When The Music Composer Recently Visited Kumbh Mela
- Automobiles Current Lockdown & Curfew Restrictions Likely To Affect Car & Bike Sales Again In 2021
- Technology Vi Message Center Number: Get All States Vi Message/SMS Center Number Details
- Education KVS Admission 2021 For Class 1 Merit List Delayed
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In April 2021
With the temperatures soaring high, most of us are wondering how to keep cool and beat the heat this season.
Well, according to health experts, drinking a lot of water and consuming water-based and light foods should be your first option.
Secondly, staying indoors as much as possible will also help to keep you healthy this summer. But, what if your home feels like a furnace? Then what would you do?
Also Read: How To Keep Your Home Cool For Summer?
With these simple and amazing Indian ways to beat the heat, we at Boldsky show you how you can change your furnace home into a cooler environment.
Decor experts state that the colour of your home plays an important role in making your home feel cool.
If you've decked the halls with dark and bold-coloured sofa covers and curtains, it is time to change that appearance into something lighter, in terms of colour and fabric.
Here are some of the home decor ideas that we bring to you to suit your palate. So, we would like for you to take a look at these:
Choose A Different Wall Colour: You can start by changing the wall colour of your home. Welcome new shades that will make your home bright and beautiful. Choose colours like pale blue and lemon yellow. These two shades are the new summer hues, and we think that it will really make your home look lovely and comfy this summer.
Also Read: Best Ways To Spend Summer Vacation At Home
Floral Up Your Home: Change your upholstery and cushion covers to lighter fabrics and cooler prints. Floral prints are in and booming. You should go in for chic florals and paisley prints too, to add a summery kind of a look to your home, this summer.
Wrap Up Those Rugs:It is time to hide those rugs and carpets, even though they give your home a rich appearance. Let your home breathe without a carpet for the summer, it will tend to keep the house cool and will prevent unnecessary dust to hover in your home.
Get That Furniture:Get yourself seated on the floor this summer, it is the best seat in the house. You can also opt for low-seated chairs, floor cushions and daybeds, which ideally are the best alternative seating options to beat the heat in your home during summer.
Go Green: It is time to bring those potted plants into your home. The more plants, the more cooler your home will seem to feel. You can also decorate your home with creepers and natural flowers to create a green and happy, cool environment.
Have You Tried Swings:If you have kids at home and are blessed with a fancy lawn, don't hesitate to deck the lawn with summery decorations. You can also go in for a patio swing or even a hammock.