For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts
- News Prez gives assent to UP Bill for reintroduction of anticipatory bail
- Technology Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 With Pop Up Camera Coming Soon On Amazon
- Sports Rahul and Deepak: The stirring travel of Chahar brothers to Indian cricket team
- Finance Changes In Liquid Funds Investors Must Know
- Movies Rana Daggubati's Health Rumours Leave Fans Worried; What Is The Truth?
- Automobiles Kia Seltos — Top Thing To Know About India’s Most-Awaited SUV Of 2019
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Firstly, you have to chose a bright home decor. Outside, the clouds are swallowing up the sun, so raise the brightness quotient in your life by using bright colors in your home decor.
- Curtains and walls: Throw away those heavy drapes in morose colors and hang cottons instead. Let your curtains bring a splash of colors to your home decor as well as your life. Go for leaf green, aqua, turquoise, scarlet and corn yellow to brighten up your drowsy mood. Thin cotton curtains are great as home decorating ideas for this season as they dry quickly and are easy to wash.
- The Ultimate Monsoon Bedroom: For your bedroom, chose bright colored sheets. Like your windows, drape your bed with warm colors like red and yellow to beat the humidity in the air. Monsoon home decorating is all about brightening up the otherwise gloomy weather, so using white bedspreads with heavy mosaic designs is also a viable option.
- Living Room Furniture: Settling for solid monsoon colors for your furniture against contrast is one of the in home decorating ideas this season. Monochromatic furniture, especially in the living room works well. Leather upholstery is a bad idea for monsoon home decorating because it gets damp very easily. Choose fabrics that don't retain moisture for your sofas and cushions covers to keep up with the spirit of the season. Cotton should be used as the principal fabric in your ensemble.
- The Dinning Space: As you are making use so many monsoon colors in your home decor which are invariably bright, keep the dinning table spread to a traditional white, off-white or any of the neutral shades. This will make it look distinct and make you food stand out. You can always spice it up by adding a dash of monsoon colors with your table mats.
- Crockery: Monsoon home decorating for the dinning table includes your crockery. If you are a keen shopper then you must have noticed the bright single color acrylic crockery that is doing the rounds in all the home and living stores. This kind of crockery is really setting the flavour this season and add that extra zing to your bight home decor. So go on and brighten up your life with all the monsoon colors you can find.
GET THE BEST BOLDSKY STORIES!
You have already subscribed
Story first published: Thursday, July 21, 2011, 18:23 [IST]