- 2 hrs ago Coffee Drinkers Have 50% Less Risk Of Liver Cancer, Claims Study
- 3 hrs ago 12 Best Leg Exercises For Women To Try At Home
- 3 hrs ago Ananya Panday And Shanaya Kapoor’s Outfits Are Not Ideal For Parties But For Casual Gatherings
- 3 hrs ago 9 Traits Of November Born People That You May Not Know
- Sports Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy: Iyer, Dube, Thakur included in Mumbai squad after India duty against Bangladesh
- Technology Alleged Poco F2 Spigen Case Leaks Online: Here’s What It Looks Like
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 42 Synopsis - Shehnaz reconciles with Sidharth Shukla
- News Manmohan Singh nominated to Parl panel that took up issues like DeMon and GST
- Travel 6 Silly And Common Mistakes Passengers Make At The Airport
- Automobiles Renault Triber Top Spec RxZ Variant Gets Bigger Wheels
- Finance Why Should You Stay Away From EMI-Like Gold Schemes Run By Jewellers?
- Education National Education Day: Why It Is Celebrated On Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Birthday
World Pediatric Bone And Joint Day is observed on 19 October and the theme for 2019 is 'Children get arthritis too'! This day was established by the multi-disciplinary Pediatric Specialty Group of the United States Bone and Joint Initiative (USBJI), which aims at focusing on the bone and joint-related conditions that kids, adolescents, and parents should be aware of.
Its goal is to throw light on the primary areas which concern children's musculoskeletal health, including those related to other health problems. And it also initiates programs and activities through research, education and advocacy that will help improve health and lower the burden of disease.
Musculoskeletal conditions include arthritis, traumatic injuries, back pain, osteoporosis, and spinal deformity. They cause severe long-term pain and physical disability, globally affecting hundreds of millions of people.
It is estimated that nearly 48% of adults and 10% of children have a musculoskeletal condition.
Themes For World Pediatric Bone And Joint Day
- 2018 - Clubfoot Can be Corrected Non-Surgically
- 2017 - Kids, Bones, Joints & Obesity - Tips for Parents and Patients, and Primary Care Providers
- 2015 - Childhood and Adolescent ACL Injuries - High number of Knee injuries in girls on the rise with prevention key
- 2014 - The Adolescent Female Athlete Triad - The Female Athlete Triad: Health Pitfalls for Adolescents
- 2012 - Kids and Vitamin D Deficiency - Kids and Vitamin D Deficiency, Vitamin D Handout
- 2011 - Kids and the Effects of Obesity on the Musculoskeletal System - The Growth Plate, and Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis (SCFE)
- 2010 - Obesity - Kids and the Effects of Obesity on the Musculoskeletal System