- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope, 06 October 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 17 hrs ago Tribute: American Country Music Icon Loretta Lynn No More At 90
- 18 hrs ago Navratri 2022: Goddess Chamunda Shakti Peeth Of Himachal Pradesh
- 20 hrs ago Balaji (Hanuman) of Mehandipur In Rajasthan: Timings, How To Reach, Puja Rituals And Legends
- Movies Godfather Day 1 Box Office Collection Worldwide: Chiranjeevi's Film Opens On An Average Note!
- Sports Legends League Cricket: Full List of Award Winners, Player of the Match, Player of the Tournament
- Finance Prabhudas Lilladher Picks 5 Stocks To Buy Amid Festive Cheer For Gains Up To 20%
- News In Pics: Effigies of Ravana go up in flames as India celebrates Dussehra
- Education JIO ANNOUNCES THE LAUNCH OF JIO TRUE 5G
- Automobiles Mahindra XUV300 Sportz Edition Spotted - Comes With More Power & A Few Visual Tweaks
- Travel Most Interesting Facts About Kullu Dussehra
- Technology Google Pixel 7 vs Pixel 7 Pro: What Differences Can We Expect?
World Pediatric Bone And Joint Day is observed on 19 October and the theme for 2019 is 'Children get arthritis too'! This day was established by the multi-disciplinary Pediatric Specialty Group of the United States Bone and Joint Initiative (USBJI), which aims at focusing on the bone and joint-related conditions that kids, adolescents, and parents should be aware of.
Its goal is to throw light on the primary areas which concern children's musculoskeletal health, including those related to other health problems. And it also initiates programs and activities through research, education and advocacy that will help improve health and lower the burden of disease.
Musculoskeletal conditions include arthritis, traumatic injuries, back pain, osteoporosis, and spinal deformity. They cause severe long-term pain and physical disability, globally affecting hundreds of millions of people.
It is estimated that nearly 48% of adults and 10% of children have a musculoskeletal condition.
Themes For World Pediatric Bone And Joint Day
- 2018 - Clubfoot Can be Corrected Non-Surgically
- 2017 - Kids, Bones, Joints & Obesity - Tips for Parents and Patients, and Primary Care Providers
- 2015 - Childhood and Adolescent ACL Injuries - High number of Knee injuries in girls on the rise with prevention key
- 2014 - The Adolescent Female Athlete Triad - The Female Athlete Triad: Health Pitfalls for Adolescents
- 2012 - Kids and Vitamin D Deficiency - Kids and Vitamin D Deficiency, Vitamin D Handout
- 2011 - Kids and the Effects of Obesity on the Musculoskeletal System - The Growth Plate, and Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis (SCFE)
- 2010 - Obesity - Kids and the Effects of Obesity on the Musculoskeletal System
- wellnessWorld Osteoporosis Day 2020: Foods That Are Bad For Osteoporosis
- wellnessWorld Autoimmune Arthritis Day (May 20): Autoimmune Diseases And Types
- diet fitness11 Health Benefits Of Doing Pushups Daily
- wellnessAll You Need To Know About Bone Density Test
- wellnessWorld Osteoporosis Day 2019: Date, Theme And History
- nutritionFrom Immunity Boosting To Weight Loss, Here Are 10 Health Benefits Of Feijoa (Pineapple Guava)
- nutrition10 Lesser Known Health Benefits Of Tahini
- nutritionHow To Make Bones Stronger Naturally
- nutrition10 Health Benefits Of Cottage Cheese Or Paneer
- nutrition10 Health Benefits Of Tilapia Fish
- diet fitness10 Health Benefits Of Jogging
- nutrition10 Surprising Health Benefits Of Having Yogurt In The Morning