- 1 hr ago World Spine Day 2019: Date, Theme And History
- 2 hrs ago Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Treatment & Prevention
- 3 hrs ago Hina Khan Gives Us Festive Vibes With A White Ethnic Suit But Her Eye Makeup Disappoints Us
- 3 hrs ago Dare To Wear: In A First, Hina Khan’s Make-up Failed To Impress Us
- Sports India pip Bangladesh on penalties to clinch the SAFF U-15 Women's Championship
- News SBI Specialist Cadre Officers SCO recruitment: 67 SBI SCO jobs announced; How to apply online
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 16 Live Updates: Fight Between Asim Riaz And Rashami Desai Gets Aggressive
- Automobiles New Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS-VI Engine Details Leaked: India Launch Expected Soon
- Technology Realme 5G Smartphones With Qualcomm Chipsets Under Works
- Travel 6 Romantic Places In Bangalore Every Couple Must Visit For A Dreamy Escapade In 2019!
- Finance How Does Faceless Income Tax Assessment Work?
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Every year, on 29 September, World Heart Day is celebrated which aims at raising awareness about cardiovascular diseases, including heart disease and stroke. The World Heart Day 2019 theme is 'My Heart, Your Heart', which ensures heart health equity for all.
This year, the World Heart Federation focuses on creating a global community of heart heroes - people from all walks of life who are preparing now to live longer, better, heart-healthy lives by making a promise which includes the following:
- A promise to families to cook and eat healthy food.
- A promise to children to make them more physically active and stop them from smoking.
- A promise as a healthcare professional to help patients in reducing their cholesterol levels and give up smoking.
- A promise as a policymaker to abide by policies that promote healthy hearts.
- A promise as an employee to build a heart-healthy workplace.
History Of World Heart Day
World Heart Day is an initiative of the World Heart Federation, founded in 2000. World Heart Federation (WHF) is a non-governmental organization based in Geneva, Switzerland. The members of the World Heart Federation are actively involved in the celebration in order to spread the information of premature deaths from heart disease.
In this campaign, there are many collaborators of the World Heart Federation, including several major organizations like the Indian Heart Association.
Significance Of World Heart Day
World Heart Day is a campaign established to spread awareness about keeping the heart healthy among people throughout the world.
World Heart Day informs people around the world that cardiovascular diseases, including stroke and heart disease, are the world's leading cause of death claiming 17.9 million lives every year.
It also focuses on the actions that people can take to prevent and control cardiovascular diseases by controlling risk factors like unhealthy diet, physical inactivity, etc. This could avoid 80% of premature deaths from heart disease and stroke.
Cardiovascular disease accounts for nearly half of all non-communicable diseases deaths, making it the number one cause of death globally.
In May 2012, the world leaders planned to reduce global mortality from non-communicable diseases by 25% by 2025.