- 9 hrs ago Anushka Sharma's Sequinned White Dress Is What We Want To Update Our Wardrobe With
- 9 hrs ago 5 Chic Hairstyles To Disguise Greasy Hair
- 11 hrs ago Dia Mirza Looks Radiant In Her Pink And Golden Colour-Blocked Silk Sari
- 11 hrs ago Janhvi Kapoor's Ruffled Dress Will Absolutely Drive All Your Blues Away
- Technology Best 6GB RAM Smartphones To Buy Under Rs 12,000
- Movies Celebs Rave About Taapsee Pannu-Starrer Thappad; Rajkummar Rao Calls It A ‘Must Watch’
- News Delhi violence: Volunteers bring much-needed food, medicines to riot-affected
- Sports ICC T20 Rankings: Rahul remains number two batsman in T20s, Kohli static at ninth spot
- Finance Axis Bank Appoints New CFO
- Automobiles New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo-Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.68 Lakh
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
We are all well aware of the amazing benefits the king of all citrus fruits, lemon possesses and the different ways it can help improve our overall health. Rich in vitamin C, fibre, and various beneficial plant compounds, lemons have been proven to help support heart health, weight control, and digestive health.
Apart from the role lemon plays in preventing and managing several serious diseases and illnesses, lemon is also great in treating minor ailments such as an upset stomach or a vomiting sensation. It is not uncommon to hold on to a lemon while going through those hairpin bends in a bus or a car - I have done it and I'm sure you have too.
From its peel to juice, the uses and benefits of lemon are endless. Lemon has many therapeutic properties as well, which can help manage several health problems. Yes, lemon is more than an air freshener. Keeping a sliced lemon in the bedroom at night comes with several advantages that you need to know of - let's take a look, shall we?!
Sliced Lemon And Its Therapeutic Properties
Simply slice a couple of lemons, sprinkle just a pinch of salt on them and keep them next to your bed, on your nightstand or near the window. Lemon has been used as a powerful aromatherapy essential oil for ages and has been linked with benefits such as increased concentration, decreased stress levels, and has a soothing effect on the respiratory system .
Keeping a sliced lemon is known to do a better job than any air freshener, which might cause headaches. The mere smell of this fruit makes you feel refreshed and should not just be limited to that of an air freshener.
Why Put A Lemon Next To Your Bed?
Helps with nasal congestion: The smell of lemon has been proven to have a soothing effect as well as an anti-bacterial effect . If you are unable to sleep due to nasal congestion, the aroma of lemons may ease you into sleep as it helps improve your breathing.
Reduces stress: One of the other major benefits of keeping a slice of lemon near your bed while sleeping is that, the smell of lemon has been proven to be de-stressing . The aroma of lemons can ease down your stress and relax your senses , that is, the citrus smell will relax the brain and soothe your mind and body, thereby improving your sleep quality .
Lowers blood pressure: Although it may sound far-fetched, the smell of lemon has been proven to help reduce high blood pressure levels by calming your blood vessels and relieving you of any stress and tension .
Increased energy in the morning: Lemon slices when kept in the bedroom will help you feel energised and extremely fresh in the morning . The scent of lemon helps in boosting the production of serotonin in the brain, which not only improves your sleep quality but also your mood .
It also helps with...
Keeping a slice of lemon is also said to improve your focus because the scent of a sliced lemon can help achieve a state of relaxation and make you wake up fresh each day, which will set your mind to be calm at night and also help you focus better . It is also said to be beneficial for people suffering from insomnia, although no studies have supported this claim.
On A Final Note…
Now that you are aware of the benefits of keeping a sliced lemon near your bed at night, why don't you give it a try? Don't forget to remove the sliced lemon in the morning from your bedside, as keeping it for more than a day may not be a great idea. You can use it to clean the kitchen sink, microwave, or use it to get rid of flaky feet.