- 8 hrs ago Akshaya Patra Starts COVID-19 Relief Feeding Centre In Bengaluru, Home Minister of Karnataka Launches the Prog
- 12 hrs ago Eid ul-Fitr: Sania Mirza Flaunts A Dark Green Suit, Gives Us A Twinning Moment With Her Son; Pictures Inside!
- 13 hrs ago Dare To Copy: Kartik Aaryan Flaunts Stylish Long Hair As He Sends Out Eid Wishes To Fans On Instagram
- 17 hrs ago Happy Birthday Madhuri Dixit: 5 Beautiful Ensembles Of The Diva To Keep You Ethnically-Inspired For Weddings
- Sports Juventus 3-2 Inter: Cuadrado scores twice as Bianconeri keep top-four hopes alive
- News Covid-19 vaccine: India to have 51.6 crore doses by July, says Harsh Vardhan
- Finance This Third QSR Entity Files For Rs. 1400 Crore IPO
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 To Have Only 12 Episodes?
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Automobiles Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- Technology Oppo Find X3 Pro Mars Exploration Edition With 65W Charging Launched: Coming To India?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Exercise is considered a key component for the management of diabetes by lifestyle therapy. It is one of the most powerful fitness tools for diabetics. Physical activities can help keep blood glucose under control with reduced incidences of diabetes complications such as high blood pressure, increased cholesterol and risk of heart diseases.
According to the American Diabetes Association (ADA), diabetics must perform around 150 minutes of aerobic exercises along with 2-3 sessions of resistance training in a week.  Also, exercise doesn't mean that you should visit a gym, as you can also plan for other forms of physical training considering your routine and convenience. Take a look at a few simple exercise tips for people with diabetes.
1. Talk To The Doctor
Making a good exercise plan is the foremost step in starting your exercise routine. Consult a doctor and make sure that you are fit for doing exercise. This will also help to decide what type of exercises will be suitable according to your fitness and will help you try new forms as well.
2. Start Slow
As you haven't been exercising recently, it is important to start slowly with around 10-15 minutes of exercise and then gradually increase to around 30-45 minutes. Also, over the weeks you can slowly increase the pace. Don't try to achieve good results in a short period by doing rigorous forms of exercise.
3. Overall Activity
Along with your routine exercises, focus on an overall day to day activities. This may mainly include the physical exertion that you put while performing household chores, lifting heavy stuff and many others.
4. Get A Pedometer
A pedometer is a portable electronic device to calculate the distance you have covered while walking or jogging. Getting a pedometer is one of the most interesting exercise tips for people with diabetes. This may help you give an idea about your physical activities and will also act as a real motivation for your exercise schedule.
5. Take Necessary Precautions
Precautions while performing exercises are very important. This helps you get better results and keep complications at bay. Some precautionary methods include: avoid performing workouts immediately after taking medication, check your glucose levels before exercising and let your friends know about your condition.
6. Get A Company
Another effective idea to make exercising interesting is to get some friends and perform together. This will keep lift up your mood and will avoid the monotonous feel of exercising. Having friends will also help you try different activities for exercising.
7. Make It A Routine
Doing exercise now and then will never give you better and long-term results, no matter how hard you try. Therefore, it is vital to keep timing for daily exercises and perform them accordingly. It is one of the most important exercise tips for diabetics.
Experts strongly recommend walking as the best physical activity for managing diabetes. Walking contributes much by burning calories, boosting metabolism and reducing weight, which are crucial for the management of diabetes. A study says that walking daily for around 30 minutes helps reduce the risk factors of diabetes by approx 50 per cent.
9. Types Of Exercises
There are many exercises for type 2 diabetes that you can choose. Consider aerobic, strength training and flexibility workout. Balancing all three is the best idea. On the other hand, you must also keep a note of exercises that suit your body well.
10. Try Other Activities
Other forms of exercises such as brisk walking, swimming, jogging, aerobic dance, playing, yoga and weightlifting may give you effective and long-term results. However, it is necessary to consult your doctor before starting on these activities.
11. Sticking To It
Starting on an exercise regime may not be a big deal but continuing them in a long run is very important. A daily workout should be a part of your lifestyle routine. Including them in the everyday affair can help you gain better result.
Don't forget to stay hydrated while you are exercising. Always take some time-break to drink enough water. This will help to avoid dehydration and help keep it active.