- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 03 December 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 8 hrs ago 'AmTrue,' A Safe Menstrual Cup For Women, Was Awarded The International Glory Awards 2022
- 10 hrs ago New Treatment For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Could Provide Lasting Relief Without Surgery
- 11 hrs ago Here Are Some Tips To Help You Achieve Natural-Looking And Fuller Eyebrows
- Education Revised MPBSE Time Table 2023: MP Board Class 10, 12 Date Sheet Revised; Get New Schedule Here
- Sports Pakistan will pull out of Asia Cup if tournament shifts due to India objection: Ramiz Raja
- Finance Top 7 Govt-Owned Stocks That Hit Their New 52-Week High
- News US to end mpox state of public health emergency
- Movies Hit 2 Day 1 Box Office Collection: Adivi Sesh's HITverse Crime Thriller Begins On A Grand Note!
- Travel 7 Insane but True Things About Travel You Never Realized
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Sales Report November 2022 - Sales Up By 14.26%
- Technology Redmi 11A Could Soon Replace The Redmi 10A; Spotted On IMDA, TENAA
Osteoarthritis occurs when there is a breakdown of the cushioning cartilage in the knee. Bones begin to rub against each other causing pain, swelling and stiffness affecting routine daily activities. While there is no cure for osteoarthritis, there are multiple treatment options to manage pain and potentially delay disease progression. If osteoarthritis progresses to an advanced stage and is causing severe pain, surgery including partial or total knee replacement may be the best option.
If surgery happens to be the best recourse, you should be happy to know that the NAVIO-CORI Robotic Surgery platform is one of the foremost healthcare innovations of this century and we strongly believe that this is the future of knee surgery. Robotic Knee Replacements have the potential to RECOVER FASTER, FEEL BETTER and LAST LONGER.
Partial Knee Replacement, where only the diseased part of the knee is resurfaced (replaced), can benefit patients with early to mid-stage osteoarthritis. Total Knee Replacement, where the entire knee joint is resurfaced, is generally reserved for advanced osteoarthritis affecting multiple compartments of the knee.
A knee replacement consists of three basic steps:
1. Skin and soft tissue over the affected knee is incised. Muscles are retracted to gain access to underlying bone surfaces.
2. Damaged cartilage coating at the end of the femur (thigh bone) and tibia (shin bone) is removed manually or with robotic assistance.
3. Removed cartilage coating and bone is replaced with metallic components - to recreate the femoral and tibial surfaces. These metallic parts are cemented in place.
*Step 2 is the key.
Step 2 may be executed with conventional instruments by surgeon judgement OR may be planned on the computer & executed with conventional instruments (Computer Assisted - Navigated Surgery) OR may be planned and executed by the NAVIO-CORI robotics platform = Robotic Knee Replacement.
Greater accuracy and precision leads to less tissue damage, consistent and repeatable technique leads to fewer errors and individualised surgical plans ensure natural feeling knees. Your Knees can now RECOVER FASTER, FEEL BETTER and LAST LONGER.
- wellnessWorld Bicycle Day 2022: Cycling And Arthritis; Are There Any Benefits? Is Indoor Or Outdoor Cycling Better?
- disorders cureOsteoarthritis (Knee Osteoarthritis): Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment And Prevention
- disorders cureOsteoarthritis: 7 Tips To Take Care Of Your Joints
- wellnessHow to Cure Knee Pain Naturally? Here Are 8 Ways to Do So
- wellness8 Foods For Osteoarthritis Treatment In Ayurveda
- wellnessCan Knee Pain Lead To Depression?
- wellnessHow Exercise, Good Diet Helps Prevent Osteoarthritis
- wellnessNoisy Knees May Predict Osteoarthritis
- wellnessHow To Treat Arthritis (Osteoarthritis) With Ayurveda In Elderly
- disorders cureWhat Are The Symptoms Of Arthritis?
- wellnessExpert Article: Ageing Is Not The Only Cause For Arthritis Of The Joint; Read About The Other Causes
- disorders cureAvascular Necrosis Cases In COVID-19 Recovered Patients Due To The Use Of Steroids: All About The Condition