- 1 hr ago Kerala's Athirappilly Forest Region Reports Outbreak Of Anthrax
- 2 hrs ago Covid-19 Vaccine Protects People Of All Sizes: Lancet Study
- 2 hrs ago Doctors' Day 2022: Facts About Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy, On Whose Behalf India Celebrates National Doctors' Day
- 3 hrs ago Ashadha Gupt Navratri 2022: Date, Time, Ghatasthapana Muhurat, Rituals, Vrat Rules And Significance
- News Eknath Shinde reprimands rebel MLAs over their dance at Goa hotel
- Finance Buy This Mid-Cap Banking Stock For 21% Potential Gain
- Automobiles Bajaj Two-Wheeler Sales - June 2022
- Sports India vs England 5th Test: Toss Report, Pitch Info, Playing 11 Update, Pre-match comments
- Movies When Sushmita Sen Snapped Mahesh Bhatt's Hand And Retorted, 'You Do Not Talk To Me Like That'
- Education ICSI CSEET Admit Card 2022 Released For July Exam At icsi.edu, Download Here
- Technology Nothing Ear 1 Stick Earbuds Leaked Image Reveals Slimmer Case; Launch Expected Soon
- Travel Useful Travel Tips for Heart Patients
A total 6.75 lakh screenings for hypertension, 6.11 lakh for diabetes, 2.05 lakh cataract screenings and over 1.76 lakh teleconsultations have been done at Ayushman Bharat block-level health melas in a week, the Union Health Ministry said on Tuesday. More than 27.31 lakh footfall was recorded in 3,204 block health melas across 33 states and UTs in a week, it said.
Over 3.66 lakh ABHA (Ayushman Bharat Health Account) IDs were created across India, with maximum of 56,321 in Maharashtra and more than 1.17 lakh Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojna (PMJAY) golden cards were created across India, mostly in Karnataka (22,091)
About 1,009 Block Health Melas had blood donation camps and 519 had organ donation registration, the ministry said in a statement.
The Ministry of Health in collaboration with states and Union Territories is celebrating the 4th Anniversary of Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centres (AB-HWCs) under Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav from April 16 to 22.
The Block Health Melas commenced on April 18 in 33 states and UTs across India. These health melas are serving as platforms to attract thousands of people to avail quality healthcare services along with essential medicines and diagnostic services, the statement noted.
They are a medium of providing health education, information on wellness lifestyle along with other healthcare services for early detection and treatment of diseases. The melas will continue till the end of April, it said.
The Union Health Minister, Health Minister of states and UTs, MPs, MLAs, senior officials of the Union Health Ministry, Principal Health secretaries/ Health secretaries of States/UTs, senior officials of the state Health department, representatives and local dignitaries are also visiting the AB-HWCs and creating awareness among the public about the importance of AB-HWCs in providing affordable and accessible healthcare.
- diabetesSafe And Effective Plant Leaves For Diabetics
- recipesFather’s Day Special Recipe: How To Prepare Low-Calorie Brownies For Diabetic Fathers
- diabetesAmid Rise In Covid Cases, ICMR Issues Guidelines For Management Of Type 1 Diabetes
- nutritionWhat Is Glucose And Why Is It Important For The Body?
- diabetesHepatitis Awareness Month 2022: What Is The Link Between Diabetes And Hepatitis?
- diabetesDiabetes Almost Doubles The Risk Of Death From Covid-19: Study
- recipesHealthy Breakfast For Diabetic Moms: How To Prepare Drumstick Leaves Ragi Chapati
- wellnessIIT-Mandi Team Discovers Molecule That Can Be Used For The Treatment Of Diabetes
- recipesDiabetic-Friendly Recipes For Ramadan: How To Prepare Banana-Pecan Oatmeal Cups
- diabetesWorld Malaria Day 2022: How Is Diabetes Linked To Malaria?
- diabetesPeople Who Have Had Covid-19 Are More Likely To Develop Diabetes - Says A Study
- recipesHow To Prepare Sugar-Free Chocolate Sandesh: Special Diabetic-Friendly Recipe