- 6 hrs ago Dustin Hoffman Birthday Special Irresistibly Versatile Actor Turns 85
- 14 hrs ago It’s Raining Offers On Amazon: Bag 60% Off On Handbags Today!
- 17 hrs ago Best And Perfect Travel Companions Based On The Zodiac Signs
- 17 hrs ago National Handloom Day: Tiger Stripes Collection Chakradhara By Warp N Weft And WWF India
- Sports CWG 2022: Indian women’s cricket team clinch silver in first-ever Games final as Aus bag gold with 9-run win
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 12 August 7 Highlights: Chetna Pande Gets Eliminated From The Show
- News BJP-JDU rift widens? Bihar CM Kumar calls meeting of party MLAs, MPs
- Education How Can MSc Business Analytics Boost Your Career Growth?
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Launched At Rs 1,49,900 - The Lightest Enfield
- Travel Phang Nga Bay: James Bond Island
- Finance 'Cipla' Betting Big on Digitisation And Emerging Segments
- Technology Jio Games Watch Will Let You Earn Money While Gaming
In a recent report, the World Health Organisation said that a new COVID variant had been discovered in the United Kingdom. It has been suggested that the new mutant, called XE, maybe more transmissible than any strain of COVID-19.
New Covid Variant XE: Everything You Need To Know
What is the new COVID-19 variant XE?
XE is a recombinant strain mutation of the BA.1 and BA.2 strains of Omicron. The recombinant mutations occur when multiple variants of COVID-19 infect a patient. According to experts, the variants combine their genetic material and form a new mutant during replication .
What about transmissibility?
A report by the global health body indicates that this may be the most contagious coronavirus strain to date, with a growth rate advantage of 10% compared to BA.2, one of the more contagious variants .
Early estimates indicate that the community growth rate is 10% higher than BA.2, but further confirmation is necessary.
What have other hybrid mutants been found?
To date, three hybrid or recombinant viruses have been detected. These are XD, XE and XF .
XD lineage is hybrid of Delta and BA.1. According to reports, they are primarily found in France, Denmark and Belgium. The spread of XD from country to country, and the presence of the more severe Delta strain puts it on the watchlist.
XE is a hybrid of BA.1 x BA.2 sub-variants of Omicron. In Britain, it has been observed to be transmitted within communities.
XF is another hybrid of the Delta x BA.1 lineage of Omicron. It was first discovered in Britain on February 15 but hasn't been detected since.
According to reports, the XD the strain was first detected in December 2021 and has since been found mostly in France, Denmark and Belgium. According to the British health agency, 637 cases of XE have been reported since the new variant was first detected on January 19. So far, the XF mutant has only been found in the United Kingdom.
On A Final Note...
The WHO had earlier said that it was continuing to monitor the spread of Omicron and its "stealth" version BA.2, which has been documented to have re-infected some people after an initial case of Omicron.
- disorders cureWhat Is ‘Centaurus,’ New Fast-Spreading Covid Variant: Everything You Need To Know
- wellnessCOVID-19 Vaccines Not Linked To 'Sudden Adult Death Syndrome', Say Scientists
- health75 Years Of Independence, 75 Days Of Free COVID Booster Shots; For Everyone Aged 18-59 From 15 July
- wellnessWhat Are The Health Risks Of Getting COVID The Second Or Third Time? 7 Important Points
- wellnessIncrease In Vaccination Reduced Covid-19 Fatalities In TN: Health Minister
- wellnessBA.2.38 Has Not Led To Any Increase In Hospitalisation, Disease Severity: INSACOG Reports
- wellness579 Fresh Covid Cases, Positivity Rate Declines To 3.46% In Delhi
- wellnessGap Between Second And Precaution Dose Of Covid-19 Vaccine Reduced To 6 Months
- wellnessNew N95 Face Mask That Can Kill Covid-19 Virus, Developed
- wellnessPossible Cause Of 'Brain Fog' Due To Long Covid Found By Scientists
- wellnessMajority Of Patients Who Have Recovered From Covid Experienced Stigma: Study